VOOM. FIrst impressions

FIREBIRD81

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 21, 2005
Well, Installs, Inc. came yesterday and hooked me up for 3 rooms and last night I got my first taste of VOOM's 36 channels of HD. All I can say is WOW! I was really worried about missing HDNET (actually a non-issue currently as I'm stuck in DISH contract) , but there's just so much more on Voom. And the PQ looks considerably better than E*'s IMHO. Well, let me re-state--the channels that both services offer look about the same on both services, but the VOOM 21s rival HDNET for PQ (could be my signal strength, hovering around 97, vs. 85 for E*) and I really like RAVE, HDN and the Extreme sports one. I live in Anaheim, so the OTA antenna gives me about a 97 signal strength as well, much more than I ever got with my RCA OTA, so American Idol looked absolutely stunning last night, never saw such a breathtaking picture in my life!

Based on my first impression, I think any HDTV owner would be completely inasane if they didn't give this service a try. Yeah, I sound like a commercial, but I am amazed. I just don't understand the animosity against this service, particularly from any E* custoemrs who have had to deal with the 811. I hope this service survives. I am immediately and totally hooked.

Glad to here you had a good experince with your install and glad you are enjoying your voom

t

Welcome aboard.

FIREBIRD81 said:
Well, Installs, Inc. came yesterday and hooked me up for 3 rooms and last night I got my first taste of VOOM's 36 channels of HD. All I can say is WOW! I was really worried about missing HDNET (actually a non-issue currently as I'm stuck in DISH contract) , but there's just so much more on Voom. And the PQ looks considerably better than E*'s IMHO. Well, let me re-state--the channels that both services offer look about the same on both services, but the VOOM 21s rival HDNET for PQ (could be my signal strength, hovering around 97, vs. 85 for E*) and I really like RAVE, HDN and the Extreme sports one. I live in Anaheim, so the OTA antenna gives me about a 97 signal strength as well, much more than I ever got with my RCA OTA, so American Idol looked absolutely stunning last night, never saw such a breathtaking picture in my life!

Based on my first impression, I think any HDTV owner would be completely inasane if they didn't give this service a try. Yeah, I sound like a commercial, but I am amazed. I just don't understand the animosity against this service, particularly from any E* custoemrs who have had to deal with the 811.
Although the PQ seems to be improving, it does vary from one channel to another and even from one day to the next, so keep watching for a few more days before making your final determination. :)

FIREBIRD81 said:
I hope this service survives. I am immediately and totally hooked.
Amen to that. :D :D
P.S. Welcome to Voom and to the Forum. :wave

Darrel P

jagouar said:
T minus 2 hrs until DarrelP chimes in with his you like it now but wait comment.

LOL that is what Darrel P told me when i got Voom 2 Months ago he said you might like it now but wait a few months.LOL :D

(could be my signal strength, hovering around 97, vs. 85 for E*) \

Im not sure that affects pq.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)