Whole home DVR/Watching recordings from 1 dvr on another

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

antonius

Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
I just want to be clear, since I am not very well versed in this stuff. With a dual tuner HD 622 receiver and a single tuner HD DVR on a 3rd TV, there is no way currently to watch recordings from the 622 on the new standalone DVR receiver? They will have to have independent recordings and stored programs correct?

Correct. BTW, there is no "truel" single tuner DVR unless you have added an EHD to a VIP 211/K. The 612 does not have TV2 out but is still dual tuner, though it counts as one in terms of equipment fees.

You could split TV2 output and run coax to the antenna input of the 3rd tv. If your 3rd tv is connected to the standalone via hdmo or component connections, all you would have to do is select the proper input, If it is connected via coax, a simple A/B switch would work. You would just have to change the tv to the same channel that tv2 receives it's signal. Of course the signal would be in SD.

If your "one tuner" HD DVR is the 612, then you can move recordings from a 622 via the EHD and a one-time fee of $40. And a USB disk.

So if I had the EHD I could move recordings from one DVR to the other, but basically I would have to physically transfer it from downstairs to the upstairs TV every time I wanted to watch something, correct? No directx/cox style whole house DVR system has been implemented yet, correct?

So if I had the EHD I could move recordings from one DVR to the other, but basically I would have to physically transfer it from downstairs to the upstairs TV every time I wanted to watch something, correct? No directx/cox style whole house DVR system has been implemented yet, correct?

That is what I have to do. Physically move (not copy) a recording to a my EHD to be able to watch in on another DVR. I call it the sneakernet whole house DVR. LOL

We are waiting for the Sling 300 (Click on this link: Sling Media - Sling Receiver 300) that will allow HD streaming from one STB (DVR) to another room using home network. However, while the Slingbox 700U has become a reality, Dish hasn't mentioned Sling 300 for quite some time although it was demoed at last year's CES. I, for one, can hardly wait as I have an additional box in another room duplicating recordings so that I can see them in true HD when I am "sent" there by the family. I, and others, could sure save on monthly box fees. This would be a satisfactory DVR multi-room solution--perhaps not the best out there, but adequate. Please make the Sling 300 happen, Dish.

So if I had the EHD I could move recordings from one DVR to the other, but basically I would have to physically transfer it from downstairs to the upstairs TV every time I wanted to watch something, correct?

It depends on what your receivers are. I can not use my 722's EHD on my 211.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)