Who's on Top & Who's on the Bottom

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rob7

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Traverse City, MI
I know the AM-21 has only been out for a short time....have seen some discussion about where the AM-21 should be reference the HR-21. I to have noticed my temperature increase (not above the critical 125 point)...but never the less increase when it was on the top. Have now switched and will track to see what happens. Anyone else have any insight?

D* designed it for the top of the HR21. The temperature change was accounted for in the design, and should be minimial. While putting the AM21 on the bottom may be possible, I'm not sure how well it is deisgned for that - I don't have one, but the dimensions match the HR21, so it is possible.

If you are very concerned about having it on top, you could use a laptop cooling fan in-between.

After reading the thread I checked mine.

I remember the temp being between 109 and 111 degrees pre AM21.

After 113 degrees.

AM21 on top.

Mine is on top, just easier that way. Though it looks a little funny since it is just a little bigger than the hr-21, so now it looks top heavy. You think they could manage to make them the same size...

D* designed it for the top of the HR21. The temperature change was accounted for in the design, and should be minimial. While putting the AM21 on the bottom may be possible, I'm not sure how well it is deisgned for that - I don't have one, but the dimensions match the HR21, so it is possible.

If you are very concerned about having it on top, you could use a laptop cooling fan in-between.

Just finished a 24 hour test.....when I switched to below, the temp went from 119 to 109...tonight I have put some 1" small wood strips between the units to provide more air movement. With the AM 21 unit directly on top, the temp did reach 121 and was very warm on my hand.

does it have to be on top or bottom? aren't the cables long enough so you may place it further?i would like to be able to put in on my dvd or other.

I had my AM21 hooked up for a while now. I get 100% signal strength on both tuners on most of my channels and just under 100% for the rest.. When I watch the channels they look great.. BUT when I watch what I have recorded they freeze up digitize and lock my HR21 up this only happens to the channels I recorded off the AM21!! Has this happen to anyone else can any one help me..

Sorry about using this post but I do not know how to start a new post..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)