Who's Watching the Baseball All Star Game?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I was until Fox missed David Wright home run (live) while talking with someone on the field. Then they did the same thing when Vernon Wells throws the runner out at home plate. You could not get the proper call made by the announcer at home plate because they were doing interviews in the middle of the at bat. Way to go Fox you will never learn. I decided to stop watching rather than watching with all the nonsense that Fox thinks is good for the game. :rolleyes:

Tell me again why the AllStar game has to start at 8:45....
So much for kids being able to watch it.

Oh thats right, they don't care about the future generation getting interested, or the current one for that matter.
Amazingly, it was over before 11 pm.
I kinda lost track of it while being on the internet, I was interested in the beginning, but when you have to stop the game in the 4th inning for something that I thought should have been done before the game... I think I fell asleep after that, actually before the commercial came back. Then I saw the bottom of the ninth. Yawn......

Jimbo

Last edited:
Jimbos said:
So much for kids being able to watch it.

Oh thats right, they don't care about the future generation getting interested, or the current one for that matter.
Amazingly, it was over before 11 pm.
I kinda lost track of it while being on the internet, I was interested in the beginning, but when you have to stop the game in the 4th inning for something that I thought should have been done before the game... I think I fell asleep after that, actually before the commercial came back. Then I saw the bottom of the ninth. Yawn......

Jimbo

Totally agree. It was on too late for me. I got to see my Three Tigers' all-stars play, so by the fourth inning, I went to bed. I could not believe they stopped the game during that time to honor a Pittsburgh Player. Seems to me like that should have been done before the game as well.

I was wondering how FOX's coverage was...I enjoyed the game on ESPN Radio on my XM. The ESPN crew treated it like anyother ballgame which made it much more enjoyable to listen too.

It was an awful broadcast (Fox). Fox is just in the habit of thinking that their conversations and interview are part of the game. Guess what is not. I rather just watch the game that these idiots talking and making interview in the middle of an at bat.

At least Fox showed us some insight as to why the National league was doomed. Did you hear that idiot in the locker room? Play hard and win because everyone thinks your going to lose as usual, but Im not going to coach you? no signs, no nothing. Gee maybe thats why Soriano was thrown out at the plate? Yet Ozzie says Im gonna coach this as if its the 7th game of the WS as any manager should with homefield advantage for the WS riding on the outcome

They're following the NBA leads?

I listened to it on ESPN radio for 3 innings or so and didnt watch it until I turned (what I thought was the news) only to see bottom of the 9th (forgot the 9PM news was on after the game got over at 10)

vurbano said:
Yet Ozzie says Im gonna coach this as if its the 7th game of the WS as any manager should with homefield advantage for the WS riding on the outcome
Ozzie is so full of it, IF he was going to play it like it was the 7th game, the starting pitcher would have gone at least 5-6 innings and the starter would have played at least 7 ininngs too.

jmo,
Jimbo

Anytime you can be ALL offense and NO defense, you don't deserve to be in an all star game, I'm refering to the guy that refused to play left field switching from 2nd base, OH ya cry baby Soriano ....
Just because he hits does not make him an all star.

Is he REALLY one of the top 3 outfielders in the national league, seeing he started, or even top 6.... Hardly...:( :confused:

Jimbo

Anyone watching the AAA All Star Game , International League vs. Pacific League right now on ESPN2, yes in HD, and in my hometown and it looks great. :)
Thankfully the rain stopped earlier, in time to not ruin a weeks worth of events in Toledo.

Jimbo