whould this dish work for a Hopper?

BigJohn2

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 24, 2005
Moline, IL
Hi,

Would this dish work for a hopper? maybe one joey? What would I need to get it to work? It is a dish 500 dish. It has a SW21 switch.

Thanks,

john IMAG0153.jpgIMAG0154.jpgIMAG0155.jpg

It could work, but the lnb's and switch will not. If you need to buy ones that work, it is probably better to get a 1000 dish since the 500 dish will be missing either the 110 or 129 sat location and would cause you to not get all the channels available to you. Also, it is better to have Dish install the Hopper/Joey and Dish will insist on the dish install unless you are purchasing the receivers.

It could work, but the lnb's and switch will not. If you need to buy ones that work, it is probably better to get a 1000 dish since the 500 dish will be missing either the 110 or 129 sat location and would cause you to not get all the channels available to you. Also, it is better to have Dish install the Hopper/Joey and Dish will insist on the dish install unless you are purchasing the receivers.

So, I have to get new LNB before it would work? Could I use it to just get 110 or 119? Just need on tuner in the hopper to work.

Thanks,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts