WHUT-DT is on the air in DC

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
It amy not be permanent but WHUT is now broadcasring digitally at 33. I can add it to my other digital tuners but my 622 refuses to---even though it sees it at a signl strength of about 87. I cannot direct tune to it that way either.

Not sure why but perhaps the 622 is persnickety about PSID data. The channel does nots eem to identify itself at all, alll my other tuners onsider it to be 33.1. Wew ill see if this is justa test.

According to a poster over at dcrtv.com - washington dc/baltimore area radio/tv/media in the mailbag section the station has been broadcasting digitally for about two weeks. AS that poster pointed out the PQ leaves a lot to be desired but since they were originally scheduled to go live in November maybe the PQ and the lack of PSID data (which i assume accounts for the inabilty of my 622 to tune it) will be rectified soon.

Last edited:
Thanks. It is interesting that every other tuner can at least tune to it directly but such is life. I sent an emsil but the station is run by a college and replies are hard to come by.

As of 11/21/2007 it has PSIP data. There is nothing in the guide for it but hey it is there.

It si easy enough to set timers naually---after all it was the only option for VCRs----but any idea on who I can write to about getting guide data for the digital channel?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts