Why AEP?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

PHXHoward

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
PHX
Why do so many people subscribe to AEP when you can break it up and save $9.99 each month by doing the Cinemax for a penny promotion? Not to mention the three months free HBO/Starz followed by three months free HBO/Showtime offers.

First of all, you don 't get free movie offers back to back. Three months, and that's usually it for at least six months. Also, no DVR fees with AEP, so the more DVR's you have, the more you save.

I have AEP but never watch the premium channels, only reason why I have AEP is because I have 6 DVR's and the DVR service is free in AEP. :)

Why do so many people subscribe to AEP when you can break it up and save $9.99 each month by doing the Cinemax for a penny promotion? Not to mention the three months free HBO/Starz followed by three months free HBO/Showtime offers.

PHXHoward,

To me and a lot of AEP subs (No DVR fee for any DVR's on my account) its because we have multiple DVR's. For me the AEP pack is cheaper because a regular core package with all the DVR fees drives the regular Core package with DVR fees above or so close to the cost of the AEP, it makes AEP the better value.

John

AEP used to be a significant discount. But, lately they have been boosting the price of AEP faster than the underlying packages. Now you really just save DVR fees.

Yep, AEP with Playboy TV , DVR and locals is only $109.98 per month.
+ HD Gold $119.98
and $14 for my other 2 DVRs
3 DVRs Total.
Total $133.98

So lets break it down.
Top 250 DVR atvantage with locals
$67.99
HD gold $10
HBO $15.99
Cinemax .01
Playboy,Showtime,Starz,$30 "If its still only $10 each after the first Premium"
2 addtional HD DVR fees $24
$147.99

AEP seems like a good value for me.
Its saving me $14 per month.
$24 per month if Cinemax was full price.

I save $47.84 in DVR fees each month by having AEP. Also I am one that likes to have it all.

Some people no longer have the option of Cinemax for a penny nor any other discounts. The other incentive for AEP is if people want all the premiums. In that case it does cost less than if Dish charge full price for each premium service. The DVR fee is less of an incentive, but it is there, if you have enough DVR's. In other words, why pay Dish loads of dough each month for DVR fees and get "nothing" but the privilege to DVR in return, when you can pay a little more and subscribe to AEP and at least have a lot of programming to show for it instead of no extra programming for all the DVR fees.

AEP also includes almost all la carte' channels (Bloomberg TV, still?), including sports channels that are otherwise only available with the subscription to Center Ice, etc. Also, help me out here. I can't remember: is Big 10 available through RSN Sports Pack or AEP only? The only channels that come to mind that are not included at AEP are out of market RSN's, Baby channel, Center Ice, etc., Sentata, and internationals.

I currently have DVR advatage, $.01 Cinemax and all movie premiums. Total ends up being a little less than AEP.

My bill currently lists as 6 premiums @ $10.00 (this includes the first also)

However I only have one 622 and two 211, if I had a second DVR I'd switch to AEP

Even if you have AEP you can get the 3 free months of HBO/Cinemax. I just finished up my third month. You get a $20 credit on the bill.

Really, you can get the 3 free months of HBO/Cinemax with AEP. I will have to make a phone call later today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)