Why am I blacked out?

Devastator665

Original poster
Oct 15, 2010
Indiana
I live in Indianapolis (46224) I'm trying to watch the Blackhawks vs Bruins game which is exclusively shown on NHL Network. The game is being broadcast by NESN and WGN-local. I'm not in the range for either of these TV stations so why am I blacked out of the NHL Network. I should not I'm also a Center Ice subscriber and I've never been blacked out of a NHL-Network game showing a WGN feed before.

I am Indy using a Dayton address to get two sets of locals and NHL is not blacked out. I checked Bell Canada and it is on WGN/9 HD also, but not WGN America on Dish.

This is one of those quirky situations
The Blackhawks claim Indy so any game on NHL Net you're blacked out. They want you to watch it on the local RSN BUT
Its on WGN9 which doesnt reach Indy (obviously) so its a double whammy for folks in the Blackhawks claimed area but outside of WGN9 territory

I also should mention that games on the NHL network seem to have a much higher blackout area then games shown on center ice itself. I live in Lawton, Oklahoma and typically can see stars games on center Ice and my RSN Fox sports southwest, but if NHL network is showing the game I will n

GoalieEd said:
I also should mention that games on the NHL network seem to have a much higher blackout area then games shown on center ice itself. I live in Lawton, Oklahoma and typically can see stars games on center Ice and my RSN Fox sports southwest, but if NHL network is showing the game I will n

Oops.... Blacked out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)