Why am I getting Universal HD channel when I subscribe to essentials?

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
Anyone else notice that the Universal Hd channel #366 /9427 is now coming in my programming when all I have is hd essentials pack? I notice it is listed as in the Ultimate hd pack for $20.00 on the DISH website and it is been in my subscribed channel list since this morning. Maybe we are getting it for free because of the Olympics coming up soon? Either way it is nice to get something extra for free.

Anyone else notice that the Universal Hd channel #366 /9427 is now coming in my programming when all I have is hd essentials pack? I notice it is listed as in the Ultimate hd pack for $20.00 on the DISH website and it is been in my subscribed channel list since this morning. Maybe we are getting it for free because of the Olympics coming up soon? Either way it is nice to get something extra for free.
Free Preview from 6/25 to 7/30.

Geoff

Oh I just checked the freeview channel earlier and didn't see it. I must of checked it before they changed it to the new freeview channels of Msnbc, Oxygen and now Universal hd. Cool. Freeviews for a whole month.

I am not quite sure what Olympic coverage NBCU will have. I am assuming a lot. With that being said this is the only channel keeping me on the Ultimate package right now.

Once the Olympics are over, down to Essentials I go ...

My free six months for Ultimate is now over. I am willing to pay a month or two however for the Olympics. If normal NBC gives me enough coverage, I may drop to the Essentials earlier.

Universal HD on Essentials???

I was thumbing through my lineup last night and noticed that I have Universal HD now.. Top 250 with the Essentials.

Is it on some sort of Preview? Can anyone else confirm?

I think they are trying to get you hooked. They will then drop you just a week prior to the Olympics. This is the only reason why I am still in the Ultimate. Once the Olympics are over, I am moving down to the Essentials.

You can always set up a favorites list and just don't include that channel. I know what you mean though. It really sucks to get extra channels that you don't want. What happened to the good old days of just 3 channels that barely came in anyway?

You can always set up a favorites list and just don't include that channel. I know what you mean though. It really sucks to get extra channels that you don't want. What happened to the good old days of just 3 channels that barely came in anyway?

Ummmm, I think the opposite applies here.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)