Why AMC-1 Ku?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Good to know, Waylew. Sounds right as there is a building going up next to the theatre. I wonder if they have plain fixed dishes at the cinemas or if they are using motorized DirecWay dishes or something more elaborate like that.

Tron, how you managed to pull off a "ghetto correction" so fast is beyond me.

Cheers, K

This is on one of my 90CM motorized dishes. I have the LNBF and holder marked for ideal skew on 103W, so I just go out and twist the LNBF to correspond to the markings.

The skew isn't really that sensitive; It can be off by 5 or more degrees each way without really making a difference. If you're not getting NBC, then you may need to tweak the aim of the dish. The NBC TPs are somewhat hard to get (5/6 FEC if I recall correctly). I have the most trouble with the TP that carries East/Central.

Last edited:
Here on the east coast, I can get the feed in question without modifying the skew on my motorized dish. The only transponders that don't come in reliably with the standard skew (in clear weather, clouds are a different story) are the ones with the NBC HD channels. Even so, I can usually get one of them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)