why buy a dish network 522 or 622

italianchick69

Jan 23, 2007
cant u get them for free when u order service from dish network and they are installed for free.or do people like to buy them strictly to get them hooked up for free and get service for free.

cant u get them for free when u order service from dish network and they are installed for free.or do people like to buy them strictly to get them hooked up for free and get service for free.

Are you referring to the 622 or 625? The 522 and 625 are identical SD receivers except for the hard drive size. The 622 is an HD receiver.

Everyone pays $$$ for the service regardless if you lease or buy. The main difference is that leasing requires an 18 month commitment to Dish Network.

you dont have to pay the $5/month leasing fee?

$5/month lease fee is a $5 additional receiver fee if you own. Same difference. Either way there is no receiver fee on the first receiver.

Dish limits the number of 622's one can lease so some folks have to buy if they want like a 3rd 622 on their account. Others, like me, simply don't want to be tied to a long term commitment. I actually made money on my old 811 when I sold it on eBay.

Mostly because they don't want to be tied to a contract.

$5/month lease fee is a $5 additional receiver fee if you own. Same difference. Either way there is no receiver fee on the first receiver.

I once called Dish to ask about getting a 522. They told me $5/mo lease and $5/mo extra receiver fee. Was that wrong?

I once called Dish to ask about getting a 522. They told me $5/mo lease and $5/mo extra receiver fee. Was that wrong?

If you lease it as an EXISTING customer, you will be charged both fees. If you lease when you sign-up as a NEW customer, you would only pay one fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)