Why can Dish not substitute channels with others from the same network during disputes?

As far as the cable companies and the law..Time Warner said that they had to carry a station from far away. ..they had a disagreement with a NC station , so they out on a PA station. They said that it was legal becuase it was so far away.

I remember, in the 80's , OTA channels were free to be carried by cable companies! Then, the laws came and the channels got mean and greedy. I do like how one company handled it when one FOX channel said the other, which was closer, had to go..they never took out off the QAM..it was on a channel like 101.33, but it was still there, just not on the box.

As far as the cable companies and the law..Time Warner said that they had to carry a station from far away. ..they had a disagreement with a NC station , so they out on a PA station. They said that it was legal becuase it was so far away.

I remember, in the 80's , OTA channels were free to be carried by cable companies! Then, the laws came and the channels got mean and greedy. I do like how one company handled it when one FOX channel said the other, which was closer, had to go..they never took out off the QAM..it was on a channel like 101.33, but it was still there, just not on the box.

At one point, networks paid affiliates to carry their programming. Now it's the other way around.

Time Warner said that they had to carry a station from far away. ..they had a disagreement with a NC station , so they out on a PA station. They said that it was legal becuase it was so far away.
Hmmm, the law references a distance ? I doubt that.... I'm calling TW the liars, by the way, not you. I think it's still a smart move by TW or any cableco. Their customers sure won't complain because they still get to watch (most of) their favorite shows. Granted, they won't get their local news. The dropped station is losing viewers which will upset their advertisers while their former viewers are again content because they're not missing their shows.

I know how message boards work, but the point I'm making here is when a game is blacked out on ESPN 140 due to region as the game is now for example shown on ABC regional coverage then they should replace that blacked out game for your region with any other game even if its one from across the country rather than show a black screen.

We were blacked out on espn 2 this weekend as abc had the game and the other game was in sd on espn2alt on dish. I've only seen it happen here once or twice a year during football

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yep, this is how it usually works. If ESPN or ESPN2 are blacked out during college football check out the ESPN ALT channels. They will most likely be showing another game you can get. The only problem is Dish only carries the ALTs in SD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)