Why Can't I Dish It Up?

jtthirty

Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
Hey Guys and Gals--

I went by the local Radio Shack to see about upgrading from a 311 to the HD vip211. I originally went through them for the "Free for All" promotion back in October 2004. Dish has been crediting my account $10 a month until I get reimbursed for the two 311s that I purchased. The Radio Shack dealer has been kept in the dark as far as what the heck Dish is up to with their promotions. I knew tons more about what Dish was doing than they did. Anyway, the dealer said that he would check out what could be done for me to upgrade and after several calls to his Dish rep he told me that I didn't qualify. He'd have to sell me the vip211 (which he can't get until March 1), sell me the D1000, charge me for installation and I'd have to pay the activation fee. Seems to run close to $500 if I'm calculating correctly. I don't see where I need to be penalized to suffer such expenses. Where have I gone wrong? I just want to try out HD now that there seems to be a reasonable number of channels to sample. Thanks for your patience with the new guy.

See ya--
Rick

jtthirty said:
Hey Guys and Gals--

I went by the local Radio Shack to see about upgrading from a 311 to the HD vip211. I originally went through them for the "Free for All" promotion back in October 2004. Dish has been crediting my account $10 a month until I get reimbursed for the two 311s that I purchased. The Radio Shack dealer has been kept in the dark as far as what the heck Dish is up to with their promotions. I knew tons more about what Dish was doing than they did. Anyway, the dealer said that he would check out what could be done for me to upgrade and after several calls to his Dish rep he told me that I didn't qualify. He'd have to sell me the vip211 (which he can't get until March 1), sell me the D1000, charge me for installation and I'd have to pay the activation fee. Seems to run close to $500 if I'm calculating correctly. I don't see where I need to be penalized to suffer such expenses. Where have I gone wrong? I just want to try out HD now that there seems to be a reasonable number of channels to sample. Thanks for your patience with the new guy.

See ya--
Rick
sounds like someone is trying to sell you, make a little extra money!

Naw, I think that the Radio Shack dealer is being upfront--he's been kept fairly clueless as to what the new Dish upgrade scenerio is. I knew a heck of a lot more than he did about the 211s and 622s and the available HD packages. I visited with him at the beginning of the week and told him what was being offered and he said that NO ONE from Dish had filled him in with ANY details at all. He had to call into his rep more than once to try to get answers. He received some packet info yesterday so he can be somewhat more informed than his customer. He just said that it looks like a really messed up deal in my case. Who knows, maybe dealers such as him can't offer the promotion.

By the way, Weid (and Gig 'Em by the way) calling Dish direct is in my plans, but with the number of people having CSR nightmares, I thought that a local Dish dealer would be able to wade through the c%$#--apparently not.

Anyway, I just wondered if anyone else was having trouble upgrading from the "Free for All" promotion to the new HD offer. Thanks.

See ya--
Rick

Do you have any local sat installers that do just that for a living and not some inexperienced kid at Radio Shack? The chain stores do not seem to be the best route for getting any Sat service as they don't have real pros there,as an actual Sat only store would have, my Sat guy has been doing it for over 25 years and knows exactly what needs to be done to have a great and easy install.

It is Dish's retail POLICY that dishin-it-up promotions need to go back through the original installer.
But since your RS store is clue-less, Call Dish direct.

fred

Call E*

called E* directly. Thus far, I have able to lease two 211 receivers without any problems.

Yep, ya'll are all right. I got in touch with Dish and they said that I qualified for the upgrade but that I would lose the $10 credit that finishes off the "Free for All" promotion for the next three months. So, I have to decide just how anxious I am to move to HD and whether it is worth the $30 that I'd still have coming to upgrade now. Basically, the new upgrade replaces all previous promotions. Anyway--thanks for the responses.

See ya--
Rick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts