Why DA only streams instead of from our Hoppers?

DishSubLA

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
OK, why does the Dish Anywhere offer so MANY live STREAMS of channels (without trick-play) from the guide instead of the few channels that we can still access from our Hoppers at our home with full trick-play. Yes, I know that I can select RECORD from withing DA to then leave the live stream to watch the show from my Hopper with all the glorious trick-play, but I really want to know why Dish designed the new DA this way. The only theory I can come up with is that the streamed channels are proabably more reliable for those with lousy home WiFi networks or a lousy, slow internet connection at home, but the experience of no skip back/forward, pause, etc. seems a pointless (and frustrating) experience for viewing within DA. Does anyone know "the TRUTH?" of why it is :).

OK, why does the Dish Anywhere offer so MANY live STREAMS of channels (without trick-play) from the guide instead of the few channels that we can still access from our Hoppers at our home with full trick-play. Yes, I know that I can select RECORD from withing DA to then leave the live stream to watch the show from my Hopper with all the glorious trick-play, but I really want to know why Dish designed the new DA this way. The only theory I can come up with is that the streamed channels are proabably more reliable for those with lousy home WiFi networks or a lousy, slow internet connection at home, but the experience of no skip back/forward, pause, etc. seems a pointless (and frustrating) experience for viewing within DA. Does anyone know "the TRUTH?" of why it is :).
I hear ya. Anywhere is no where near the real attached Slingbox. You can do anything with it as if you were at home including EHD capability.

Reactions: TheKrell
I hear ya. Anywhere is no where near the real attached Slingbox. You can do anything with it as if you were at home including EHD capability.
Yes, and the Slingboxes I have are Superior in reliability of streaming than either DA or the even WORSE TiVo (Mini) Streaming feature--not to be confused with the new TiVo Stream internet streaming device. On the day our Slingboxes die by order of Mr. Ergen himself, I shall wear all black with British Top-hat and veils with long coat tails (essentially re-enact the funeral scene for the squashed toad from The League of Gentlemen) because it will be a sad, sad day that such a solid, reliable and capable Slingbox will be buried for the DA that in its latest version seems to have now hidden the settings for the Closed Captions to my liking. I dread the day of eternal peace for the Slingbox that I still use and did so just TODAY.

• Love
Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)