Why DHPP

Barnaby

Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
I am planning to switch from D* to Dish. I will be leasing my receiver from Dish so I don't understand why I would need or want DHPP. I would assume if Dish's leased receiver wasn't working they would replace it without charge.

Am I missing something?

Like it or not that is their Monthly fee, to get the stuff replaced.

My understanding is that if you don't have DHPP, all you have to pay is $15 or so shipping to get a leased receiver replaced. If you have DHPP, you don't have to pay shipping. There are other "perks" with DHPP, like cheaper service calls though.

My biggest concerned is being able to get receievers replaced cheaply, so I canceled DHPP after the one year free run, because it didn't make sense to me to pay $5 per month to potentially save $15 if a receiver dies.

Service calls, LNB's etc: I'll take my chances.

I am planning to switch from D* to Dish. I will be leasing my receiver from Dish so I don't understand why I would need or want DHPP. I would assume if Dish's leased receiver wasn't working they would replace it without charge.

Am I missing something?

Lease does not automaticly mean free and total coverage. Check the residential service agreement although it is slightly outdated. DHPP is free for 18 months, there after cancel it if you don't need it. It makes service calls 29$, equipment is replaced for free, no part cost and no shipping.

Thanks, although its aggravating that Dish makes their fees so confusing that no one can seem to agree what the charges are.

Oh, and don't forget: If you do ever need the DHPP services in the future, you can re-activate it at any time to get the perks without having to pay the monthly fee for months or years...

My parents own 2 311s and don't have DHPP. One of them tore up last year and they were able to buy a new one from E* with shipping for around $20 and they still own it.

Just add it on when you have a problem that you cannot resolve on your own. Once the problem is resolved, have it removed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)