Status
Not open for further replies.

120inna55

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Athens, Texas, United States
This is posted at the top of my page. Normally I'm an easy going guy, but this is bull$hit!:mad:
Hello 120inna55 it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

I hate forums that are clogged with people running their mouths just to bump up post counts. I visit this site several times daily. I post when I feel its necessary. This board is filled with so many people that are knowledgeable and who post useful information, that most of the time if I browse and search, I can find any answer I need.

Now before you go on about how posting information contributes or pays back for what I've received, please note that I contribute financially.

This little message won't increase the frequency in which I post, but it may alter it.

End this practice, now. It's pathetic.

That's the Welcome Header plug-in that's available for vB mboards. I used it for a short time on my mboard until my members started moaning, so I scrapped it.

Relax dude. I got the message too. I read it and disregarded it like the automated advertisement that it is. The anger in your post makes it seem like the administrators targeted you personally.

cooper said:
The anger in your post makes it seem like the administrators targeted you personally.
Oh but we did. ;)

Actually it's there to remind people that is a community of people helping people. Don't be shy if you have something to share which can help others out then please share it.

I believe it is set to only show up to those who have not posted in the last 6 months, when you post once you won't see it again for the next 6 months. :)

I used to get one EVERYDAY!!! so my postting has slowed down to play reverse psycology on Scott. then again maybe some of the people the post alot have things to say-add and are not looking to rasie their post count

cooper said:
The anger in your post makes it seem like the administrators targeted you personally.

No, I didn't think it was personally targeting me. I absolutely understand that it's software (i.e. not Scott actually targeting me). The message just seems to encourage a behavior (posting content-less posts, or threadcrapping) that I find objectionable. Most members of this board are mature and aren't "shy" about commenting when necessary.

I'm sorry that I was gruff. I just don't like it when software suggests that I modify my behavior.

It certainly isn't set to 6 months, I got it and I hadn't posted in 3 weeks I believe it said...

But the point is that if you don't feel like posting for some reason, you shouldn't be prodded to do so. Maybe there's a reason we're not posting.

Eh, just a very very trivial hiccup at best, now if it had said something like " Hey lard ass, do you know that you havent renewed your pub membership since it expired 5 seconds ago??? What the hell are you waiting on there slug boy?!! get the lead out and pony up the cash and while your at it go to Dishstore.net and buy a freakin 9 room setup from them, I need to pay my bills" hehe

I have seen some vB mboard use this feature for advertising. I probably gave Scott an idea.... :D

Van said:
Eh, just a very very trivial hiccup at best, now if it had said something like " Hey lard ass, do you know that you havent renewed your pub membership since it expired 5 seconds ago??? What the hell are you waiting on there slug boy?!! get the lead out and pony up the cash and while your at it go to Dishstore.net and buy a freakin 9 room setup from them, I need to pay my bills" hehe

Purogamer said:
It certainly isn't set to 6 months, I got it and I hadn't posted in 3 weeks I believe it said...
Yeap, no way it's set for six months. I know it's been a while since I posted, but sure not 6 months.
But the point is that if you don't feel like posting for some reason, you shouldn't be prodded to do so. Maybe there's a reason we're not posting.
Just so that satelliteguys knows, it will in NO WAY "encourage" me to post. At least this post should get rid of the annoyance though. :D

It should be 6 months not a few weeks and could be a bit more friendly as........."it appears that you have not posted on our forums in six months, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums? THANKS for visiting our Group!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)