why did i lose hd when i switched to the family plan this month?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chaskuchar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2010
saint charles, missouri
i have paid the $99 for hd last year when i got the vip222 receiver. if i can't get the hd now, if i switch to another plan, will i get hd back? they did not indicate i would lose hd when i switched to the family plan. thanks, charlie

Think you mean, HD for Life. Which is the HD versions of any sd channel in your subscription package, no sd versions = no HD. Not sure if dropping to package with no HD and changing to package with HD will automatically bring the back. Make sure csr understands your situation. You may want to do change this time via chat or contact one of the DIRT members here (user names listed in red) to see what can be done.

The lowest package available with the HD Free for Life is the America's Top 120. If you switch back to that package or any higher you will get the HD back. Once that tag is on the account you will have it for the life of the account as long as you subscribe to a package with HD.

If you have WP or Family the only HD you will get is your locals (if available), freeviews or any alacarte programming added (like HBO, Heartland Package, etc)

i think wecome pack and family plan are same price. i am changing my phone and internet to dish also so i don't want to screw anything up because that is supposed to happen jan 16. will try to find the channels on each of the plans so i can see what would happen. thanks, charlie

i have paid the $99 for hd last year when i got the vip222 receiver. if i can't get the hd now, if i switch to another plan, will i get hd back? they did not indicate i would lose hd when i switched to the family plan. thanks, charlie
Hi, Dish America has the HD & sd versions $34.99 I think.

i think wecome pack and family plan are same price. i am changing my phone and internet to dish also so i don't want to screw anything up because that is supposed to happen jan 16. will try to find the channels on each of the plans so i can see what would happen. thanks, charlie

wait, WHAT?

I'm guessing where chaskuchar lives Dish has a contract with someone that provides internet and phone, which allows them to advertise a three in one package. Don't get that excited, yet. :)

Sent from Tapatalk for Android

i have been with quest, used to be northwestern bell, for 8 years. they are overpriced in their services compared to southwestern bell which we have had in the past. so i have been looking for a different carrier for years and finally found that dish could provide phone, internet and tv. only one bill each month and i pay with money orders because i have never had a credit card or checking account for 25 years. no overdrafts or spam. will see what happens. as far as i know, dish is not having a contract for the dish, internet and phone. if there is a contract for one or two years i can still live with that though. charlie

Welch said:
I'm guessing where chaskuchar lives Dish has a contract with someone that provides internet and phone, which allows them to advertise a three in one package. Don't get that excited, yet. :)

Sent from Tapatalk for Android

Dish does have Internet branded as dish Internet in some westernish states. the bought some qwest territory I think it was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)