Why did they ax that show????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
Over the years there has been many TV shows that IMHO were prematurely cancelled. So, I'm starting this thread so you can list the "favorite cancelled shows". My list is below; as you can see I'm kind of partial to Sci Fi. Also, since I only arrived in the US in 1993 my list will only go as far back as that year. I'm not listing them by year, but based on the ones I can remember now.

1. VR5 - Thought the story line was great! Feel sorry for Sidney Bloom not knowing if she's still in a coma or not! Damn you Fox!
2. Angel - That show still had at least a couple of good years!
3. Firefly - Well, at least they made a movie to wrap up the story line. Still, Damn you fox #2!
4. Tru Calling - Lots of potential story lines to come... Damn you Fox #3!
5. Enterprise - Ok, probably the least interesting of the Star Trek series, but, just for tradition couldn't they have given us 2 more years? The final episode sucked as it felt really rushed (and actually it was!).
6. Odyssey 5 - Cool show! At least I get the eps not aired by Showtime on HDNET!
7. Dead Like me - That show cracked me up! Really funny with good story lines.
8. Book of Daniel - Had enough family dysfunction to last for a while!
9. Threshold - Well, it wasn't that great, but nice seeing good old Data (Brent Spinner) back on TV!

Well this is my list for now. I'll add more when/if I remember anything else!

Add to that list just this past season:

Reunion
Killer Instinct
Inconcievable

I watched all three of them!!!

One long running show was a shame to see go was Third Watch... My friday nights are still not the same...

Shawn95GT said:
I think 'Over There' bit the dust too :(.

Shawn

Perhaps people were not ready for Over There, but the wife and I enjoyed it very much. It was very graphic, but I am sure it's not a pretty picture "over there".

2, 3, 4, 5

Space Above and Beyond.
Over There.
Dark Angel
Canivale
Wanted

NightRyder

Space, Above and Beyond being cancelled was a travesty. Enterprise improved greatly the last couple of seasons but the final episode was a projectile vomit.

Show I miss is "Get a Life", always liked Chris Elliot, though many don't.
They prematurly cancel so many shows now I don't even watch prime time TV on the networks until after Christmas.

The final episode of Enterprise is not what I think of as the final episode. I don't even consider it part of the series. It never happened.

Carnivale was interesting the first season, but it just got plain weird in the second season (IMHO).

Odyssey 5 was never given a fair chance. I think it would've been quite good if Showtime would've given it a chance.

I'd add Wonderfalls as a show that was just starting to hit its stride.

Also Maximum Bob, based on the book by Elmore Leonard. They had just gotten to the part where the action started in the book when they killed it.

Karen Sisco, which was a spin-off of the Elmore Leonard movie/book "Out of Sight", was a favorite of mine that was cancelled way too soon. Carla Gugino was spectacular in it.

I too loved Wonderfalls and Firefly and really enjoyed Wanted.

Twin Peaks.

They REALLY could so a mini-series follow-up...think, "Twin Peaks: Return to the Dark Lodge" or something like that. That show was one of the most influential, mystically resonant, beautiful, sexy works on television the last twenty years, maybe ever.

We really need to get Cooper back from the dark side.

C'mon David, c'mon Kyle, let's put all that petty bulls*** behind us and make some small-screen art.

Oh, and Farscape. Poor Farscape. See above.

Last edited:
The UPN Show Seven Days, was really good (cept the last season, season 3), great premise etc too!

Back in the mid 90's... The Dana Carvy Show. It got cancelled after he did a skit as Bill Clinton with eight breasts so he could "Nurture" the American People. I think it lasted just 5 episodes, but it was some of the funniest television I had seen. He is just a funny guy! :)

My So-Called Life
Joan of Arcadia
Jack & Bobby
Freaks and Geeks

Dark Angel
Book of Daniel
Tru Calling

lee78221 said:
Greg the Bunny-A Very funny show.
I had read somewhere online that this show is coming back,can't recall where I saw the info though.

Last edited:
IMO, probably the most outragous cancelation was for CBS's "The Agency". The season ended like most shows do, with a cliffhanger (one character turned out to be a double agent and North Korean mole, leading to the capture and necklacing of his protege.) The episode ended with the mole being driven away in a van by the North Koreans as the captive tried escaping. The final shot is a closeup of his face in the van and a large explosion outside.

And that's how the show ended; it went out with a bang. No resolution, no hint as to what happened. Imagine if ST:TNG had ended with "The Best of Both Worlds, Pt. I" with Riker saying, "Fire.", and never finding out if the modifications to the deflector dish worked, if Picard was rescued, if Earth was overrun by the Borg, etc.

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT from just a few weeks ago. man thats was funny and smart! herd some talk that it was going on showtime, but nothing lately. anyone know???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)