Why did we wait so long?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Had a C-band dish at the farm growing up. An old analog GI reciever, and used to love finding the feeds. Moved into too many apartments after University but always had the itch for a dish, and when I got a house started looking again at it. Its been about a year, 5 recievers and dish later and I'm still always looking to find more channels and ways to get the wife approval to add a BUD :)

I think I was a hold-out, being a big dish user since 1987, and when all the beautiful analog channels started going away, I just got aggravated at having to buy more and more equipment.

1987! wow, I was born in 1987. Now that is being a long time user.:up

Man, if you told me back in mid 2007 that by now I would have a FTA motorized KU dish setup and that I would be setting up a big C-band dish too, I would have said you are crazy. If you would have said that at the start of 2007 I would have replied what in the heck is FTA?!:what

I know I can't give up Speed Channel, or Sci Fi channel.
Discovery, History, BBC America, and a few others are also necessary.

Hey, those are probably the only channels I would want to watch if I had Dish.:D

When I am visiting people who have it, I usually just switch between those very channels. It is crazy that you have to pay that much for only about five or so channels you like and the rest you can do without.:(

There are FTA channels I don't watch either, but hey the price is right.:cool:

I thought it was too good to be true. I was wrong! I LOVE IT!

I thought the same thing when I discovered FTA. I don’t think I was able to believe it on a subconscious level until that first channel appeared on the TV screen.:eek:

Just purchased my 2nd receiver (a Coolsat6000 from E-bay for $16.50 which unfortunately looks like it has hackware on it) and I'm poised to set up a 10' c-band and a couple of other Ku dishes this fall.......that'll bring the total to 5 and I'm still looking for more!!!!

hey, you out did me, I got one for 35$:D

mine had Hackware too. :rolleyes:
you probably already know about them, but here is some links for getting the correct software and install program: Coolsat USA - Official Web Site of Free To Air Satellite Receivers http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/75197-coolsat-6000-premium.html

I STILL wouldn't be into FTA if I hadn't found this website, and all the great folks that hang here!

I would still be into it, but I would not know what the heck I am doing:D
And it would only be half as fun!

hey, you out did me, I got one for 35$:D

mine had Hackware too. :rolleyes:
you probably already know about them, but here is some links for getting the correct software and install program: Coolsat USA - Official Web Site of Free To Air Satellite Receivers http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/75197-coolsat-6000-premium.html

I would still be into it, but I would not know what the heck I am doing:D
And it would only be half as fun!

Yes I did find that, thanks and flashed back to factory firmware last night. Now I just have to connect it to the dishes and see if I can get anything with it. Oh, and I noticed it's a 5000 not a 6000........good thing I noticed that before flashing the wrong firmware to it!

I was a C-Band dish user since the early 90's (not exactly it's heyday) and when things started going digital I thought "crap.....now only the networks and cable companies will have access". I didn't put too much thought into it after that until someone gave me a receiver which had a botched "hackware" job done to it. I got the factory firmware, setup a dish that I'd been saving (until then I wasn't sure why) and I haven't looked back! I get the same old excited feelings I used to get while tweaking my first C-Band dish, spending more time on the pursuit of extra channels than I ever do watching them.
Just purchased my 2nd receiver (a Coolsat6000 from E-bay for $16.50 which unfortunately looks like it has hackware on it) and I'm poised to set up a 10' c-band and a couple of other Ku dishes this fall.......that'll bring the total to 5 and I'm still looking for more!!!!
I rarely drink, don't smoke or do drugs but I'm pretty sure this is far more addicting that any of those things..........and I don't get into too much trouble doing it!!
:clap That's exactly what I do.:hatsoff:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)