Why didn't CBS do a good job covering baseball?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
In light of the recently deleted thread on CBS' regular-season baseball schedule,

I'd like to ask a question about that that hopefully won't get deleted.

Why and how did CBS screw up baseball?

This is a network that has done a phenomenal job with the NFL, NBA (when they had it), and college hoops and football.

The main thing I look at is that they didn't show their games EVERY week from April to the end of the season.

This brings me back to the Joe Buck interview a while back, where he did say one thing that did make sense:

"When I was a kid ... when the Game of the Week was on, I was there ten minutes early to watch what Vin Scully and Joe Garigiola or Tony Kubek had to say about the Cardinals. ... And now, there's fifteen games on every night, seven days a week, and just from our own perspective, the Saturday Game of the Week ... its not as special or as unique as it used to be."

At least there, he made a lot of sense.

Now you are doing the same thing!!!...:rolleyes:

This topic was discussed ad nausem over at DBS Forums and I'm would imagine it has been hashed over here too!!!...:eek:

Why do you feel, (and who selected you), that this forum needs an "anchor"???

If you want your own sports talk show...try a radio station or start a blog somewhere!!!...:eureka

If we talk about this, then why not talk about NBC doing away with baseball too. (That is sarcasm by the way)

This topic was discussed ad nausem over at DBS Forums and I'm would imagine it has been hashed over here too!!!...:eek:

If you want your own sports talk show...try a radio station or start a blog somewhere!!!...:eureka

While I agree that this topic has been discussed ad nauseum, I have to disagree that it's the same thing as posting baseball schedules/announcers from 20/30 years ago. I admit there's been plenty that Sabres and I haven't seen eye-to-eye on, but the fact remains he's been a solid contributor to this site as well as DBSForums. He's not some poster that just starts threads about who announced the 1973 water polo championships............he actually brings something of substance to the table.

Well, this isn't DBS Forums. You can't automatically or instantly expect everbody who comes here to be aware of a previous sports related website. And I don't think it's fair to ridicule somebody for simply wanting to know more about an important portion of sportscasting history. We should be helping get more information, not bashing him.

I don't think it's fair to ridicule somebody for simply wanting to know more about an important portion of sportscasting history.

I asked this because I felt CBS getting baseball (and not doing as good a job as other networks) was the first sign that baseball was in for rough times- it was no longer as huge and popular and as beloved as it used to be.

Granted, the World Series was getting ratings that were astronomical by today's standards, but that magic of the good old times was missing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)