Why do I like this show, anyway?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TyroneShoes

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 9, 2004
Phoenix
Regardless, the fact remains that I do.

I shouldn't. It's very dark, and deals with horrible crimes that I should find offensive and depressing. The subject matter regularly shows women in great peril, which I don't like to see, and sometimes children in great peril, which I really don't like to see.

I gave this show about 7 weeks to cancellation when it came on. Then I finally saw an episode, and I was hooked. I am usually right on the money with my predictions, but I was way off base that time. I just could not see Mandy Patinkin in this role as someone we would like to see every week (he's no Gil Grissom). But he's a consummate pro and proved me wrong. The character was terrific (too bad Patinkin has a history of sabotaging his successes). But then his replacement is in the same league, and the show hasn't lost a step.

The didiot who snarks about all TV in USA Today (Robert Bianco) can't seem to find enough bad things to say about this show (but then he loves Grey's Anatomy which I think is a bore/snoozefest, so what does he know anyway?)

But the characters are good, the writing is good, and for some reason I am always in the mood to see it the same day it comes on, something I can't say for most shows. Ironically, there is something about this show and its horrible crimes that actually gives me peace. Oddly, I always feel good when this show ends. I can't figure it out, because I should be put off by it. Maybe it's because it is well-written and gives satisfactory resolution to the crimes, and because it doesn't really present them gratuitously.

Or maybe it's just because the blonde chick is so smokin' hot. :D

I didn't start watching this show until it had been on for a while. My wife got into it and then I got into it when we rented the first couple of seasons.

While sometimes it can be very dark and grim, they tend to have the majority of the episodes end at least some what positive.

Most of the actors are very good and most times have decent material. Occasionally they'll have some silly story line for Prentiss or Reid, but for the most part they're good.

And yes, AJ Cook is very attractive. Not to mention that she usually plays it like she's more of a pencil pusher, but she can blow away a bad guy when needed.

Regardless, the fact remains that I do.

I shouldn't. It's very dark, and deals with horrible crimes that I should find offensive and depressing. The subject matter regularly shows women in great peril, which I don't like to see, and sometimes children in great peril, which I really don't like to see.

I gave this show about 7 weeks to cancellation when it came on. Then I finally saw an episode, and I was hooked. I am usually right on the money with my predictions, but I was way off base that time. I just could not see Mandy Patinkin in this role as someone we would like to see every week (he's no Gil Grissom). But he's a consummate pro and proved me wrong. The character was terrific (too bad Patinkin has a history of sabotaging his successes). But then his replacement is in the same league, and the show hasn't lost a step.

The didiot who snarks about all TV in USA Today (Robert Bianco) can't seem to find enough bad things to say about this show (but then he loves Grey's Anatomy which I think is a bore/snoozefest, so what does he know anyway?)

But the characters are good, the writing is good, and for some reason I am always in the mood to see it the same day it comes on, something I can't say for most shows. Ironically, there is something about this show and its horrible crimes that actually gives me peace. Oddly, I always feel good when this show ends. I can't figure it out, because I should be put off by it. Maybe it's because it is well-written and gives satisfactory resolution to the crimes, and because it doesn't really present them gratuitously.

Or maybe it's just because the blonde chick is so smokin' hot. :D
Great post! I loved this show right off the bat for many reasons...which I will hopefully post this evening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts