why do I only get odd transponders

ksch99

Original poster
Jun 14, 2005
I have had a dish 500 for several years with one receiver. We wanted to expand to 3 receivers. I have 4 separate cables run from the dish for future use. I purchased a 508 and a 510 receiver and a dish pro quad LNB. The two new DVR receivers work fine but my old receiver doesn't have a signal, or it only gets the odd transponders on satellite 110. I am pretty sure it's not the cable because I have tried both cables that I am not using and get the same result. Can anyone tell me what my problem is?

Hi, wecome to the site! :welcome

Your old receiver is a legacy and requres a dish pro adapter in the line going into that receiver to work correctly.

what kind of adapter do i need and thanks for the information I really appreciate it!!!

BFG is probably correct. But before you spend any money, what model "old" receiver do you have? It will tell you on the receiver info screen in the menu if you don't know. This way we can make sure this is what the problem is.

See ya
Tony

Tony's right.

But another test is to put one of the 50x boxes on the cable you want to hook the unnamed receiver to, and see it they can catch everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts