WHY DO I WANT A 61.5 DISH FOR HD?

JoeSp

JoeSp

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Oct 11, 2003
I have the dish 300 from when I purchased Dish 500. I also have the dish from my brother-in-law from when he lived with me and wanted a receiver. The best price we could find was at Sam's and that included a new dish.

So, I can hang one up and point at the 61.5 sat for HD there but do I need to. Is there any free HD services at this location? Can anyone explain an easy way to line up the sat ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

G

As I understand it, CBS-HD, HBO HD and Showtime HD are currently on 61.5, but plans are in the works to move HBO and Showtime feeds to the 110. If you qualify for CBS-HD feed from NYC or LA, you'll need the second dish. That's what I am going to do.

JHuibregtse

JHuibregtse

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 8, 2003
Traverse City, MI
I seem to be too dumb to find the answer online, and the CSRs I've talked to don't know either. I'm getting an 811 installed Friday, with only a Dish 500 Sat dish. I have an old Sony D* dish that I'm not using. Can I use this to pick up 61.5, and what kind of doodad would I need to combine them?

G

Move of HBO & Showtime HD

Is there any known timescale for the move of HBO & Showtime HD channels to 110? At the moment I have a dish looking at 61.5 specifically for the HD channels (before E* moved Discovery HD). It almost seems worth using that dish now to get Voom rather than move it to look at 110.

DarrellP

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
The Demo channel and HDEvents is on 61.5. You will need a SW21 to tie this dish into your existing Dish 500.