WHY DO I WANT A 61.5 DISH FOR HD?

JoeSp

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 11, 2003
I have the dish 300 from when I purchased Dish 500. I also have the dish from my brother-in-law from when he lived with me and wanted a receiver. The best price we could find was at Sam's and that included a new dish.

So, I can hang one up and point at the 61.5 sat for HD there but do I need to. Is there any free HD services at this location? Can anyone explain an easy way to line up the sat ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

As I understand it, CBS-HD, HBO HD and Showtime HD are currently on 61.5, but plans are in the works to move HBO and Showtime feeds to the 110. If you qualify for CBS-HD feed from NYC or LA, you'll need the second dish. That's what I am going to do.

I seem to be too dumb to find the answer online, and the CSRs I've talked to don't know either. I'm getting an 811 installed Friday, with only a Dish 500 Sat dish. I have an old Sony D* dish that I'm not using. Can I use this to pick up 61.5, and what kind of doodad would I need to combine them?

Move of HBO & Showtime HD

Is there any known timescale for the move of HBO & Showtime HD channels to 110? At the moment I have a dish looking at 61.5 specifically for the HD channels (before E* moved Discovery HD). It almost seems worth using that dish now to get Voom rather than move it to look at 110.

The Demo channel and HDEvents is on 61.5. You will need a SW21 to tie this dish into your existing Dish 500.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)