Why do some stations have 2 channels?

sauroneru

Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
I have a lot of stations (locals, HBO, etc.) that appear on the Guide twice with two different channels. They appear to be identical. What's the deal?

I have a lot of stations (locals, HBO, etc.) that appear on the Guide twice with two different channels. They appear to be identical. What's the deal?

You are probably seeing one of the stations at its "regular place" for example HBO at 300 and then another one at something like 9400's. This is the map down feature so you don't have to search for the channel. It puts it at the correct place for you where someone else may have a different channel there (for locals for instance people in different areas will see a different channel for their Channel 3).

Geoff

Not counting national HD, locals are usually mapped down to the below the 100 channel range to make it easier to find as most people know their local channel number, the same goes for their HD version as well. The National HD channels are found in the 94xx-95xx channel range and are mapped down to the location of the sd channel, this gives the viewer the choice of which version they want to watch and also lets them know when new HD channels are added. If you do not want this, you can go into the Local Channel screen and either change or remove them from the mapped down area. You can set up favorites guides to skip them in the guide. Or you can use Locks to take them out entirely, guide and search features.

Free preview chns show up in the high 200's 280 290 ect so if hbo is in free preview it will show up twice in the 280's and on ch 300 which is where hbo is.

Your locals will show up twice once on whatever local number i.e 7 and where the chanel really is in the 8000's or 9000's.

there is also the dish latino channels in the 800's for example f/x wil show up twice once on ch 136 and again on what ever 800 channels it is on. nless you subscribe to dishlation the 800 chs will be red in the search and guide.

If this bothers you yu can lock the duplicate chs and then hide them and they will no longer show up in your guide or on searces.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts