Why do we have to pay for locals with Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The nets could still de-value the broadcast product and shift focus to a pay alternative. Rebrand ABC Family to ABC Direct, give it the cream of new programming with five or six nights of new primetime content. ABC Broadcast then gets a wasteland of reality TV content, minimally meeting any contract programming requirements.

It's not going to happen all at once, but I could see things migrating that way.

But, the affiliates have contracts with the networks, that would dictate the terms. Without knowing all the agreements one could not predict how hard it would be for a network to either cancel or allow to expire all the contracts...
The contracts clearly have expiration dates. Just make the arrangements with the providers (cablecos, satcos, etc) and as each affiliate contract expires, roll them over to the national contract.

I see the problem. You're pointed at Winchester. :D

Actually, when I have my amp on, I'm trying to pick up 31.1 and 31.2 MPT Hagerstown. In that config, I have to broadside the locals or they're overpowered. When I can get back on the roof I'll bypass the amp.

So, making a joke or you actually figured out I was off axis?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

So, making a joke or you actually figured out I was off axis?

I was joking my friend.

By the way, I have to "broadside" WNVC because it's less than 2mi away and just smashes the tuners I have tried. This actually works out pretty well because WNVT and the Washington and Baltimore channels are more or less on a line at 90deg to WNVC at my location.

I'm about (8) miles from the towers in Dayton and (30) or so from Cincinnati's. I aim at Cincy's and still pick up Dayton's just fine (3 of the 4 get 100%).

Here are a couple of helpful websites to tell you what kind of antenna would work in your location. My results show I would need to install a $60 inside antenna or $100 better outside antenna that would get all the local channels. More expensive than I thought it would be.

http://antennaweb.org/Address.aspx

http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/engineering/dtvmaps/

The antenna we install in our area sells for $149.95. We are about 60-70 miles away from the towers so it have to have decent range. They may seem expensive but they work well.

Are you saying that Dish provides guide data for stations you are getting over the air?
Only if you are also subscribed to Dish locals, otherwise it just says "digital service" for the name of the program in the guide. Dish had it turned on accidently a few years ago for a short time for everyone with an ota module (or maybe it was just to tease us).

Only if you are also subscribed to Dish locals, otherwise it just says "digital service" for the name of the program in the guide. Dish had it turned on accidently a few years ago for a short time for everyone with an ota module (or maybe it was just to tease us).
You're little late to the party, and what are you talking about...accidentally turned on?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)