Why does apple update always seem to get invalid checksum?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
Apple update has to be one of the most annoying programs ever developed. It never really seems to work, it always downloads then says invalid checksum and aborts. Every now and then (about 25% of the time) it will actually work. It is just annoying when every update of itunes is 100MB.

I thought it was just Vista x64, but my XP machines do the same thing. One would expect them to have this working properly by now.

Am I alone in this (and my 5 machines that suffer)? Perhaps it is Kaspersky antivirus (even though I am running 4 different versions atm (2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010).

So, I go to itunes.com and download manually, which always works.

Well maybe I just need to complain more often. 3 computers just did apple update and suceeded without the invalid checksum problem.

Is it happening only on Windows? It's very likely the AV if that's a common thread between them. It could also be a problem with your internet connection as well if they are all in the same location.

Is it happening only on Windows? It's very likely the AV if that's a common thread between them. It could also be a problem with your internet connection as well if they are all in the same location.

Yes only on windows, I suspect it is an interaction with the AV, perhaps the AV is not done scanning the download and Apple Update cannot handle it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)