Why does CW have so many fantasy TV shows?

Because no one else is showing them, so it lets them build an audience. Same as back when the UPN was showing mostely black comedies and Star Trek.

I think the last paragraph has a good point. The SyFy channel has essentially failed to produce content to satisfy the demand and CW is picking it up.

I'm hardly the demographic they are looking for at 69, but yet I find many of their shows very enjoyable.

BTW, news today is that the CW will come to the AppleTV with 1-day delay of their shows.

The Cw is definitely trying to reach youth market with their fantasy shows. But I think most of their shows is an excuse for them to dress up in the latest fashions and play the latest songs . The Vampire Diaries is a perfect example. Just bout every other week they are having a school dance or a black tie affair and all the cast turns out to every event, even when the world is ending ,they still have time for a good formal.

The Cw is definitely trying to reach youth market with their fantasy shows. But I think most of their shows is an excuse for them to dress up in the latest fashions and play the latest songs . The Vampire Diaries is a perfect example. Just bout every other week they are having a school dance or a black tie affair and all the cast turns out to every event, even when the world is ending ,they still have time for a good formal.

They get the female viewership up with all the romantic events

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts