Why does FOX HD look the best out off all the hd channels

No It wasnt about the compresssion as with MPEG 4, The quality of the program isnt being sacraficed. What the negotations was really about was carrage rights. Those fox stations wanted to be payed for carrage of their hd channel where as other stations provided carrage of that channel as apart of there SD channel carrage.

Ahhhhh Ok. thanks for clearing that up. I wondered what was going on.

Fox encodes their signal nationally, they use a splicer system to insert logos and regional ads so Fox should look the same for everyone in the country during network programing.

Tribune stations

Ahhhhh Ok. thanks for clearing that up. I wondered what was going on.

("Those fox stations wanted to be payed for carrage of their hd channel where as other stations provided carrage of that channel as apart of there SD channel carrage.")

The FOX stations in question are Tribune stations. Tribune wanted carriage of all their stations over E*. Not just the Big 4. Tribune also wants their CW & MYTV stations carried as well. E* only carries the big 4 and so it has been a no go.
As far as the worst network stations it will be area by area. In some locations it will be FOX, some ABC, some CBS, & some NBC. This will depend on the equipment that the local is using to transmit & how E* is picking it up. I have OTA ABC & CBS w/ both on E* plus NBC & FOX from E* only in HD. NBC for me looks good but tends to have more incidents of problems. I have contacted the NBC station & found that they have been having equipment problems. The skateboarding right now looks stellar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)