Why Doesn't Dish Offer Cinemax w/ DD Sound?

Carl B

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2003
Arvada, CO
The title says it all. I get Starz and CM as my premium movie channels (wife's choice; we've had them all). On Starz there is at least one channel that broadcasts movies, at least some of the time, in DD. On CM, nada, never!

It is frustrating to watch the Saturday premiere movie on CM and see the opening CM banner, " In DD5.1 where available", and know that Dish is one of those places where it is not available. Bad enough that I only get 5 CM channels for the same price as 8 Starz or Showtime channels. But, did Dish have to scrimp on the sound also?

Probably bandwidth concerns, or other, in their minds, more pressing issues. You might contact E* and tell them what you think. Companies that don't hear their customers' wants often don't give their customers what they want. ceo@dishnetwork.com

I thought East & West feeds had 5.1, when available, on all Premium channels. ??????????

doesn't stars have 5.1 on east and west. i thought it did when i subscribe to dish. the main reason dish does not have more 5.1 channels is because they do not have the bandwidth. if you want 5.1 you will have to look to your local cable company to see what they offer. hopefully with more satellites up there, both dish and direct will be able to provide all channets with 5.1 that support it.

I also would like Max HD and regular Max to have DD. It would be nice to have a easier place to email these questions to Dish network other than formating you own email message. I did email Dish letting them know I want these programing choices. I know it probably wont get me anywhere but if they dont know what we want they cannot provide it.

If we regularly E-mail or call Dish we will improve are chances or at least get it on the agenda. I mean a nice polite request every 2 or 3 months from us might help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)