Why doesn't E* verify addresses ala D*

chadzx11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
memphis
I'm constantly getting WOs with the address all fubard. My install for today says:

johnny q customer
rural, ar 12345-0000

So I look up the phone number (google) and turn up the street name and am now able to find the customer, if I can't get them on the horn (there are many times when the phone number is flat out bogus). How do these even get put in the system? Retailer was allsat, they must have a bunch of non english speakers taking orders up there.

I've had more than one that said "general delivery". Just what do they expect me to do with that? Doesn't it make sense to go over all this stuff ONE LAST TIME before you get off the phone with the customer? Is that really too much to ask?

geez-louise!

chadzx11 said:
I'm constantly getting WOs with the address all fubard. My install for today says:

johnny q customer
rural, ar 12345-0000

So I look up the phone number (google) and turn up the street name and am now able to find the customer, if I can't get them on the horn (there are many times when the phone number is flat out bogus). How do these even get put in the system? Retailer was allsat, they must have a bunch of non english speakers taking orders up there.

I've had more than one that said "general delivery". Just what do they expect me to do with that? Doesn't it make sense to go over all this stuff ONE LAST TIME before you get off the phone with the customer? Is that really too much to ask?

geez-louise!

Well, it is an address in Arkansas. You can't expect too much. :D

chadzx11 said:
I'm constantly getting WOs with the address all fubard.

The main problem is that not every one uses or has 911 address yet. You sometimes have to use crap like that to make it just go thru. Dealers use to be able to use General Delivery but i am not sure that is even a option any more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)