Why don't Dish use Dish Studio more?

zeebre12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
new york
Why don't they use Dish to show proper programs like Directv have Audience? Even if it had just reruns for people to notice the 'channel', whats the point of this 'channel' the way it is? It just shows previews of shows that are on channels on Dish (with a 15 min preview on some). Would it not be better if Discovery had a deal with with Dish and Dish Studio showed reruns of past series of a certain program like Mythbusters to promote the new series on Discovery. I'm surprised Dish never bothered with original programming like Directv as they are in the same amount of households.

Reactions: pattykay
Well, Dish Studio does have full episodes and full movie runs full concerts, etc. for the purpose of promoting certain channels in particular packages. I also believe I saw previous seasons of Starz and Showtime original content to create interest just before the new episodes were to run. It is fairly well programed, but they could use some more content. Dish Studio is designed to "upsell" the customer, not provide new or old content for the purposes of entertainment or revenue from ads. Also, such content costs $$$$, and that is something Charlie does not like to do. Just one of those Netflix or Amazon few episodes series cost MILLIONS upon MILLIONS to produce, and Charlie don't like spending that kind of money on something speculative.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts