Why hackers post?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hwh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2006
Lake Mead
When iceberg banned a recent hacker he said the guy posted in the ops area. That got me thinking and I went back to the main page of the site and then into forums from there. There's nothing on either page that says anything about hacking being banned. The only mention is on the main forum page there's a one line mention that hack talk is banned in the FTA area. Maybe that's why we have so many hackers posting. It almost looks like hack talk is only banned in the FTA area. Once you get into the FTA area there is a prominent "no hack talk" notice.

Maybe the site home page and the forum main page should have prominent "No hack talk" notices on them. That might cut down on the problem.

What about the rules you are supposed to read to gain access to the board; isn't it listed there and doesn't one "agree" to all rules to gain that access?

IMO, half of the hackers who post lack common sense...posting warnings serve no purpose. The other half appear to be masochist who get their jollies receiving a verbal lashing and subsequent whacking by Iceberg. All you can do is hit the eject button and move on.

charper1 said:
What about the rules you are supposed to read to gain access to the board; isn't it listed there and doesn't one "agree" to all rules to gain that access?

I just logged out and checked, yes it is. However, how many of us actually read rules, license agreements, etc? There are so many of them out there that are so long that I think most of us just click ok without even glancing at them.

So who's fault is that? Do you sign a home or car loan without reading the contract? God I hope not. I read everything before I agree to anything.

we've had this discussion before so its closed

people are idiots and will post regardless of how many warnings we have

hwh said:
I just logged out and checked, yes it is. However, how many of us actually read rules, license agreements, etc? There are so many of them out there that are so long that I think most of us just click ok without even glancing at them.

I know this thread is closed but I have to interject something about people blazing past informational screens then complaining that no one "told them".

At work we have a 4x2 sandwitch board with info on who we are when and where the event we are recording will be on TV.

PICT0015.jpg

I have been litterally leaning on this sign and people would ask me "where can I find out when this program airs?

On another occasion a person tripped over the sign, knoked it over, picked it up, straightened it out, then walked to the truck and asked where the program schedules were.

And my favorite was I was using the sign as a barrier for public/event staff. One of the people dismantled the barrier (removing the sign from his path to make his way to the truck to ask when the program would be on TV.

The moral of the story is people generally do not see information right in front of them. We could have them click on 50 million "okays" and they will never see the info. :)

I am just as guilty of this as anyone :p

See ya
Tony

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)