Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1452451485.197534.jpg

Not a good morning.

"you can still watch live TV"

Although from experience, that's not always the case. We've had an HDD failure that for whatever reason caused the DVR to reboot randomly (and too often to make TV viewing practical).

Reactions: navychop
Power cord reset fixed it.

It happened after I tested using a thumb drive as an EHD. Separate thread for that.

I wonder if there's a connection?

All the same, I'm looking over my EHD collection to pick one for moving stuff off that HWS.

Yep, a warning shot. That's the way it starts. I am experienced with this. I had two or three go bad last year. You will eventually have a complete shutdown. :sorry

When this happens, you lose everything. I don't have a EHD. At first I was upset about this, but I learned to deal with it. I found I really didn't miss my recordings that much. I just start all over. But that's just me.

If you do need your receiver replaced, call and complain. They will offer you deals. I got $25 a month off for 6 months.

I've lost Dish HDDs before, especially before there was the EHD option.

Sigh- the 721 was SO good. When it worked. I went thru 6 or 7. If it wasn't the HDD, it was the power supply.

Lost a couple of PPV recordings. And, of course, the one I was in the middle of was no longer available. Something about Masters and Johnson. Wasn't very good, anyway. But I paid for it.

In in the process of moving all my recordings to a 2 TB EHD I just bought. Hard drive failing in my HWS, so I'm transferring everything over to be ready for a new unit Dish will send me. But the thing that scares me is that even the EHD can fail. I wish there was a way to provide some redundancy, such as backing up the EHD.

I think there is some sort of cloud storage available with WD, but probably way above my pay grade. LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)