Why I love my Directivo.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kbohip

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2005
Colorado Springs
Before I had Directv, I had Dish. I was unfortunate enough to have one of their craptacular 522 dual tuner DVR's. The thing was easily the buggiest piece of electronics I've ever owned. Spending time reading through threads in the Dish DVR forum was a daily occurence for me, trying to figure out why mine was acting up all the time. Dropping audio, pixelating video, crashing, skipping timers were all par for the course fort the 522. It turns out most other people were having the same problems as I was.

Flash forward to now and I've had my R10 for about 4 months. In that time it's been flawless except for 2 strange crashes a couple months ago. Since then I've not even rebooted it. No missed recordings, no audio or video dropouts. I also noticed that it STILL has the same firmware on it that it had when I first took it out of the box.

Today I took a quick scan through the Dish DVR's forum. I don't know why, I guess it's kind of like driving by a car wreck. I just have to take a peek at the carnage. Anyway I see the 522 is as buggy now, maybe even more so, as it was when I had it. Oh yea, it's also at firmware version 2.53. When I got rid of mine it was at 2.35. This was 4 months ago! Keep in mind this machine has now been out for 2 years.

This and many other reasons are why I love my Directivo. I'll love it even more tomorrow when my HD-Tivo gets here :D.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts