phase II vs Phase III

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Abby

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2004
I have a pase 2 dish with an added lnb c for HDTV sat 110. Would I be better off with a phase 3 dish. Is it a better product. Or does it make a difference?

Phase III works better, hardly no signal loss! I just had my Phase II replace by a D* tech. and the signal is constantly in the high 90's range!

Well I was thinking it might be better. Don't want to spend more then I have too, but its not like its a fortune.

Call directv and get a service call to have that phase II swapped for a phase III, i know that i have changed out 10 in the last month or so

The Phase II dish uses push on conections to fasten the lnb's, which might be a long term problem. The connectors have no screw threads.

Let's get the nomenclature right, here.

A Phase I elliptical dish has either two or three separate lnb's. It has a 4x4 switch on the back, and can have a sat c lnb with a specific diplexor called s sat c combiner. There are separate cables connecting all of the components.

A Phase II dish has separate lnb's, but the 4x4 switch and the sat c combiner are built in to the "T" adapter on the end of the lnb arm. Push on male "F" connectors are nuilt in to the adapter and mate with the lnb's. Four cables with female "F" connectors come out the leg of the "T" that fastens to the lnb arm of the dish.

The Phase III dish has one single integrated unit that includes the non removable lnb's 4x4 switch and sat c diplexer, as well as all connections made internally.

It seems apparent they what everyone here is referring to as a Phase II dish is really a Phase I dish. There were not many transitional Phase II dishes made and installed.

PhillyOTA said:
The dish is the same size. Your sat C kit will just have a few more connections outside.

Use it till it dies, then get a phase III dish.

Eddie

The Phase II dish has a built in combiner/diplexor. The sat c lnb plugs in the adapter, and is held on with a two piece lnb fixing screw and nut combination.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)