Why is Dish charging so much for the 811?

If your leasing the 811 then yes you must have the HD Pack. But what's your beef with the HD pack anyways, I really find value you out of it. Monday nights on HDNet are great. Good movies pop up on the movie channel now and then. and some of the sports are interesting on tnt and espn.

Where is the beef?

The beef is they said I wouldn't have to and there are others who are getting the 811 free or just having to pay for shipping.

Frankly, I only got the 811 for the OTA capability and only to watch NFL games... I don't watch TV otherwise except a movie at bedtime on a non-HD TV.

I didn't mind paying $5 to get the OTA, but I don't want to pay $15 to get OTA.

I am considering getting an OTA receiver such as the Samsung 351 which are selling refurbed for under $150.

I am also considering dropping the movie packages and use Netflix for my movies so I can watch what I want and when.

Lew

vividere said:
... Frankly, I only got the 811 for the OTA capability and only to watch NFL games... I don't watch TV otherwise except a movie at bedtime on a non-HD TV.

... I am considering getting an OTA receiver such as the Samsung 351 which are selling refurbed for under $150.

For what you're using it for, that's a perfectly reasonable approach. If I didn't use any of the HD package stations, I'd do the same thing. But, having ESPN-HD and HBO-HD makes it worth the $15/month for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)