why is it dropping transponders with good sattelite strenght ?

How did you determine that the odd transponders were not broadcasting?

Are you actually missing certain channels, or just looking at transponders and certain ones have no signal?

Is it all odd transponders all the time, or just some odd transponders?

Be aware that with spot beams there will be transponders that have no signal on them at all.

today its 110 odd 119 odd NO EVENS, When I go to the point screen, and bring up the sat& transponder on the channel I was trying to view EXAMPLE-206 sat 110/8 NO SIGNAL, 239 sat 119/18 NO SIGNAL. NOT missing channels, missing signal on available channels.

Last edited:
That usually leads to cabling issues. Do you have a switch (DPP44 etc.?)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Except for a rare handful of services for fta preview, dish only uses a few transponders. I believe, though I may be wrong, that programing is carried on transponders 14, 15, and 16 on 110 and 119. If those three trans are iding satellite and have atleast 60%, your system is all good.

The dish receiver switches the lnb to even or odd depending on which channel you tune.

If your even transponders are all missing there is either a cabling problem (low voltage to the lnb) or a problem with the receiver.

You need a tech visit.

Sounds like the OP has all evens and no odds. I would wager to guess its an LNB problem. Call Dish and get a tech visit. I would even wager money it's an older LNB, not a DP Plus.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Sounds like the OP has all evens and no odds. I would wager to guess its an LNB problem. Call Dish and get a tech visit. I would even wager money it's an older LNB, not a DP Plus.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I second this. I would go directly to an LNB replacement to start. Almost always the problem when you have an issue like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts