why is it so difficult to get a bottom line price?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mdram

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Md
i went online, then tried chat
gave the rep my zip code and requirements
hopper 3 and joey at250

they cant give me a price without my full address or phone number?

what so difficult?

Perhaps they want to run at least a preliminary credit check-----or they want to tell you what taxes etc. apply. BTW I have experienced the same thing with cable companies.

96.99 mo. plus whatever your state may or may not charge for tax. Current promo includes a 2 year price guarantee, several premium chs. free for 3 months and HBO free for a year. Depending on your credit, there may be an up front fee for the Hopper 3. I think that's about it.

I couldn't even get a quote without a credit check, then despite having exemplary credit, they still couldn't even qualify me for the free Hopper 3 and wanted me to pay $50. If I use online it would appear I have to submit the order completely before finding out the final price, which I'm not willing to do. Very frustrating process.

You can contact DIRT for help.

You might get totally free, but $50 sounds pretty good to me. And you pay the first month up front. Billing is for the following, not previous, month.

96.99 mo. plus whatever your state may or may not charge for tax. Current promo includes a 2 year price guarantee, several premium chs. free for 3 months and HBO free for a year. Depending on your credit, there may be an up front fee for the Hopper 3. I think that's about it.

i want bottom line with taxes, ect.

Squeaky clean credit can get the $50 h3 fee waived, most will have to pay it.

i want bottom line with taxes, ect.

Let them build you an order, your not obligated until activated. You can get an exact total that way.

Don't forget to use a refer a friend, every bit helps...hint...hint:)

If you think this is bad try to get a price from Charter. Absolutely nowhere on there website can you find the price you will pay after your first year promotion runs out. The only prices they give are promo prices

Reactions: DishSubLA
Some times there is no bottom price. I just called to upgrade my fios package and I said is that the total bottom line for two years . Yes it is sir . So there is no upgrade fee . Oh yes sir it's only 99.99 . Time for a

Reactions: navychop
Some times there is no bottom price. I just called to upgrade my fios package and I said is that the total bottom line for two years . Yes it is sir . So there is no upgrade fee . Oh yes sir it's only 99.99 . Time for a

I still remember going thru hoops to get actual, post intro prices, for FiOS around here. Turned out to be MORE expensive than Dish, with lesser, although quite good, equipment. We'd get some missing channels, like local government channels, and the Military History Channel. But would lose one or two, IIRC.

But heck, I have terabytes on EHDs. Until I buy a Haupauge and get to work, I'm a slave to Dish.

Reactions: stardust3
I still remember going thru hoops to get actual, post intro prices, for FiOS around here. Turned out to be MORE expensive than Dish, with lesser, although quite good, equipment. We'd get some missing channels, like local government channels, and the Military History Channel. But would lose one or two, IIRC.

But heck, I have terabytes on EHDs. Until I buy a Haupauge and get to work, I'm a slave to Dish.

I thought the military history channel was just renamed to AHC.

I often think about Haupauge, in the same boat with EHDs. My boss (wife) would whip me severely if she lost the programming on those drives.

I loved my hauppauge until I wiped my system a few months ago and now cant find the install discs that came with it. I must have thrown them out when I moved 18 months ago or it's hiding in one of the few boxes of business stuff. I found the arcsoft showbiz software online, but it refuses to see the hauppauge now and the in house hauppauge software isnt that good. It lets the audio get out of sync. :(

Cox is pretty good about giving you the actual costs before and after promo's including taxes and fees. I looked at it online and then went into one of the Cox stores to get a cable card and tuning adapter. The guy at the counter verified every price and that is what has been on the bill for just over a year now

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)