Why is my game blacked out?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
My Tennessee Vols are playing saturday night on CSS. Which according to their website their not available on satellite. But I started looking through the guide at some of the alternate channels and noticed it shows up as being on alternate channel 412-33 (hopper), which is awesome news (even though it's SD). But I just looked it up using game finder on Dish's website. It shows channel 445, but it shows it to be blacked out. What I don't understand, is why would it be blacked out if it's technically not supposed to be on Dish in the first place (according to the CSS website)? What's the point of Dish offering it if nobody can see it? I could understand the black out if it was on PPV, or even offered on another Dish channel.

Even though it is on an alternate channel, the feed is from a specific area and it is blacked out since it is not the one that has the rights to show it to you locally. It doesn't matter if you don't receive the channel that has the rights to it, you do get blacked out.

I would check like Friday.....if there isnt the blacked out symbol when you hit info (and if you try to record it that it lets you) then it wont be blacked out

When I had Dish about 24-36 hours before the game the blackouts would be confirmed then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)