Why is rebooting the receiver the only solution..

gdarwin

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 9, 2005
Lousville, KY
Please wait while we find a representative to assist you. In order to ensure we are providing you with the highest level of customer satisfaction, this conversation will be recorded.
Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me a moment to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(04-21rf) Nicholaus M.XH4: I’m very sorry to hear that you are having an issue. I’d be happy to resolve that for you.
(04-21rf) Nicholaus M.XH4: Can you please describe exactly what is on the television screen now? If there is an on screen message, please include the 3 digit number in the top right corner.
(04-21rf) Nicholaus M.XH4: I noticed that you have been idle for more than 1 minute. If there is no response, your session will disconnect in 30 seconds.
gdarwin: No message. Watching Glee.
(04-21rf) Nicholaus M.XH4: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
gdarwin: Did you read the initial comments?
(04-21rf) Nicholaus M.XH4: How do you get your local channels?
gdarwin: Guide is off
(04-21rf) Nicholaus M.XH4: ok
gdarwin: OTA and satellite.
(04-21rf) Nicholaus M.XH4: that is why
gdarwin: Both guide listings are off
(04-21rf) Nicholaus M.XH4: when your locals are broadcasted through the off air antenna it will not display in the guide
gdarwin: Why for only FOX?
gdarwin: That is wrong....
(04-21rf) Nicholaus M.XH4: ok, would you prefer to call in since I am wrong
gdarwin: I subscribe to locals and they are included in the listings
(04-21rf) Nicholaus M.XH4: That is because of the antenna
(04-21rf) Nicholaus M.XH4: the antenna provides the locals; but not a guide
gdarwin: The local listing off the satellite guide is off also.
(04-21rf) Nicholaus M.XH4: is it saying no info available or off air?
gdarwin: Instead of saying "Glee" it is saying ""Off Air"
(04-21rf) Nicholaus M.XH4: ok
(04-21rf) Nicholaus M.XH4: Please unplug your receiver from the outlet and leave it unplugged for 15 seconds. Plug it back in, you may have to power the receiver back on. This may take up to 2 minutes.
gdarwin: Why are all the other local channel listings correct?
(04-21rf) Nicholaus M.XH4: Please do what I ask or I will not be able to assist you
(04-21rf) Nicholaus M.XH4: Are you still there?
gdarwin: Yes. You have not answered my question.
(04-21rf) Nicholaus M.XH4: You have not done what I asked

lol. The Dish online chat leaves a lot to be desired. My 612 is flaking out yet again (replaced 4 times since coming back to Dish in December). After you watch or record a show, you must reset the 612 otherwise it will not do anything else. Try watching a show and it freezes. Try recording two shows in a row and it freezes after the first recording. Sounds hard drive related to me but what do I know only having been a systems admin for 14 years now. :)

The rep told me that I could not use a power strip to power off the 612. I must unplug it from the power strip. Then when I did so just to prove a point, he did not believe me because the DVR power cable did not have a tag on it. He swore I was not unplugging the right piece of equipment. I was calm up until that point but then I lost it. I can only play dumb for so long.

well. if your 612's have been replaced so many times. its not the receiver. it either IS the power in your house or a short in the cable.
either buy an outlet tester or have a tech come check the system.

Two were basically DOA and the other two have been refurbs. Its definitely not power related. An HR20-100 sat in the same spot and used the same outlet for 2+ years prior. Moving the trusty ole 622 to the same spot works fine. I had the 622 in my office the whole month while the wife and kids were out of state at the in-laws. Now they want it back so I need to get the 612 replaced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)