Why is The CW not in HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

qcjoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Ohio
If this has been covered before I must have missed it, but my CW station that is owned by Sinclair says its in HD but clearly is not. Now before 8 at night things are in HD. This was the same when I had Time Warner. Is there a reason that the CW is not in HD?

Really?? I get cw and I'm only a few hours away... must be a dma thing. Never noticed if it's HD or not... but an am21 install is the answer to your problem depending on where the towers are.

If this has been covered before I must have missed it, but my CW station that is owned by Sinclair says its in HD but clearly is not. Now before 8 at night things are in HD. This was the same when I had Time Warner. Is there a reason that the CW is not in HD?

This is WBDT, yes? Are you saying it's in hd until 8PM, then it's in sd? There are two feeds, one hd and one sd. Are you sure you are watching the correct one? If you are watching the hd feed, then it sounds like a station issue. Have you talked to the engineers there? They generally are very willing to talk shop about things like this.

This is WBDT, yes? Are you saying it's in hd until 8PM, then it's in sd? There are two feeds, one hd and one sd. Are you sure you are watching the correct one? If you are watching the hd feed, then it sounds like a station issue. Have you talked to the engineers there? They generally are very willing to talk shop about things like this.
Its the only channel thats available. For us its channel 25. Who would I contact?
EDIT: I just checked Sinclairs site and its not showing as a Sinclair station. I could have swore it was.

What do you mean the only one available? There is an hd and an sd feed. The hd feed is on 99s transponder 15 and the sd is on 119 transponder 31.The head engineer is who you should talk to. BTW, isn't it channel 26, not 25?

Sometimes stations are not on the right channel. Fox 44 Burlington VT is on Ch 43 in southern VT because they are technically Boston DMA and they have another 44. I "moved" to Boston and with the AM21 OTA tuner, I have 2 44s. And 2 Ch 5s.

What do you mean the only one available? There is an hd and an sd feed. The hd feed is on 99s transponder 15 and the sd is on 119 transponder 31.The head engineer is who you should talk to. BTW, isn't it channel 26, not 25?
Its channel 25. Just double checked. Im saying I only have one CW showing on my DTV guide. So does the head eng. work for DTV or should I find out who owns the channel?

Do you have a favorites channel list set up without the hd channel in it? Just call the newsroom and ask for the engineering department. You are talking about WBDT, yes?

Last edited:
Do you have a favorites channel list set up without the hd channel in it? Just call the newsroom of and ask for the engineering department. You are talking about WBDT, yes?
My wife kept saying the rest was in hd. I just turned on a rerun of mike and molly and its in sd. When I bring the guide up Hd is listed on all the programming. Its WKRC Cincinnati.

Sorry for the confusion, I thought you were in the Dayton dma. WKRC is on 99 t 21 in hd and 101 t 12 in sd. Check to be sure you have good signal strength on those transponders. BTW, WKRC is channel 12.

I called in to DTV and talked to tech. She says that Im not supposed to get it in HD. I asked why that is when a HD signal is available in my area? She didnt know. She did a escalation. I give up.

could be the station does not provide the hd feed

call the station manager and ask

could be the station does not provide the hd feed

call the station manager and ask

It's probably more like the station doesn't have a contract in place to carry the CW station in HD with Directv. The OTA signal is shared with CBS in 1080I and the CW is 720P

Sorry for the confusion, I thought you were in the Dayton dma. WKRC is on 99 t 21 in hd and 101 t 12 in sd. Check to be sure you have good signal strength on those transponders. BTW, WKRC is channel 12.

That's the CBS station who shares the same call. The CW station is is not carried in HD by Directv, but is carried in SD on 101, D4S.

The station is available in hd, but maybe not where qcjoe lives. That's why I asked where he lives.

The station is available in hd, but maybe not where qcjoe lives. That's why I asked where he lives.

Yes the CBS is. The call sign of the CBS station is WKRC. On channel 12 The CW Is over the air, but not on Directv. The call sign of that station is WKRC2. Directv DOES NOT CARRY THE CW IN HD. :) They only carry it in SD. That's on channel 25. The reason why Directv only carry's it in SD is most likely contractual.

Gotcha. I was reading the chart at dbstalk incorrrectly. Thanks for the info. qcjoe, the answer is that the CW just isn't available from Directv in hd yet. As K9SAT suggested, an AM21 is your best solution.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)