Why is this Dish retailer still advertising the 15 Voom channels in their promos?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

waltinvt

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2004
Vermont
This is the 2nd one I've got in as many weeks. It's a "household-patron" type mailer with Promo code "BAS3", from 4Digitaltv.com .

One of the Dish offers inside states "over 75 HD channels available" and lists logo graphics for 40 channels with text saying "Plus lots more HD channels".

15 of the 40 logos depicted are the old Voom channels.

Maybe this is just some shoddy retailer with no clue sending out-dated flyers but isn't the claim of "over 75 HD channels" fairly recent and isn't this a fairly large national retailer?

I'm sure the drop of Voom channels was sudden and so it was not shared with marketing back when they had to create and purchase their ad material. Consequently, it is still plastered everywhere and will show up for sometime to come as organized as Dish seems to be sometimes.

Besides, from what I've read, who subs to Dish just because of Voom? ;)

I'm sure the drop of Voom channels was sudden and so it was not shared with marketing back when they had to create and purchase their ad material. Consequently, it is still plastered everywhere and will show up for sometime to come as organized as Dish seems to be sometimes.

Besides, from what I've read, who subs to Dish just because of Voom? ;)
Me! V* and Tennis Channel is why I picked E instead of D*...which just goes to show what a freak I am.

Those mailers are printed really far in advance...a friend who has a flooring company says that he has people call and ask to be taken off the mailing list, and that it actually takes several months before they'll stop receiving things. He said "There's postcards sitting in a mail warehouse right now that won't reach people until September."

EDIT- I did notice at Sam's Club today that they finally pulled the Voom promos.

Most retailers plan well in advance for mail drops. What appears to have happened here is that the retailer did not get the new ads over to the mail company in time.

This happens quite frequently unfortunately. Dish tends to move a little slow with new art for their changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)