Why Is WFN Classified as a HD Channel?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Kyle XY will be for sure on ABC Family, they showed season one on ABC in HD during that summer. So I know its filmed that way.

I havent checked any of the current season ABC Fam originals.

Yeah I noticed that, and there was some other movie on. But I actually have seen several other things on this channel that were actually in HD.

The most shocking thing was that I've actually seen HD on Toon Disney! Oddly, I've seen ZERO on the actual Disney Channel, which I would expect to have the most of the three.

Every time i flip to disney it is HD which shocked me...

...REALLY?....Are you sure? What show(s) exactly did you see in HD on Disney? I too, have yet to see anything in HD on Disney. My 5 year old even says: "Daddy, when will Zack and Cody or Hannah Montana be in High Definition?" My response:"It supposed to be right now.":rolleyes:

According to my EPG on D* there's HD shows on at (all CDT times) 3PM 3:30PM, 4PM, 4:30PM then nothing until midnight.

PlayHouse Disney in HD

...REALLY?....Are you sure? What show(s) exactly did you see in HD on Disney? I too, have yet to see anything in HD on Disney. My 5 year old even says: "Daddy, when will Zack and Cody or Hannah Montana be in High Definition?" My response:"It supposed to be right now.":rolleyes:

I have two younger kids...many of the PlayHouse Disney shows in the am are in HD...so far I've seen My Friends Tigger and Pooh, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Bunnytown, and Lou and Lou Safety Patrol...all in HD.

They actually look GREAT! Not that my 3 year old and 1 year old really notice...

I have two younger kids...many of the PlayHouse Disney shows in the am are in HD...so far I've seen My Friends Tigger and Pooh, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Bunnytown, and Lou and Lou Safety Patrol...all in HD.

They actually look GREAT! Not that my 3 year old and 1 year old really notice...
That's cool. I also have 2 young ones. One also too young to realize what format she's watching, the other too "old??" to watch those programs. Thanks for the notice, though.

Has anyone seen HD on Sci-Fi? I already miss Rave. Thanks E for nothing.

Yes, quite a bit. All the BSG episodes are, and the Indiana Jones marathon this past weekend was. I'm pretty sure there has been other stuff as well.

Yeah, I've seen quite a bit of HD on Sci-Fi.

And I'll be darned...Disney is showing something in HD right now. Something about a bird..."Phineus" or something like that

That just leaves Bravo, Cartoon Network, and WFN as the only channels I haven't seen ANY HD on.

Yeah, I've seen quite a bit of HD on Sci-Fi.

And I'll be darned...Disney is showing something in HD right now. Something about a bird..."Phineus" or something like that

That just leaves Bravo, Cartoon Network, and WFN as the only channels I haven't seen ANY HD on. I personally think WFN simply hasn't gotten the HD feed on the air yet. I've seen a WFN-HD logo online, but the channel shows the regular logo. Also, they claim certain shows are in HD, but they aren't. I think it's a tech issue.
I did see one show on Cartoon Network in HD. It was so goofy my kids with a cumulative age of 6 1/2 wouldn't watch it..:rolleyes: Other than that one...NADA.

It looks like BravoHD will have The Hunt for Red October on 5/23 at 15:00CDT, past showings have been in HD.

Saw kim possible around noonish one day in HD, and house of mouse i think it was in HD one day.

I think you are all missing the concept.

Imagine you are launching a new channel in 1965. Do you buy a color transmitter or a black-and-white transmitter ? You may have little or no color content - but if you are forward-looking, you buy a color transmitter. And in a few years, you will have found it to have been a good investment.

WFN is launching their new channel in an "HD channel slot" - even though they have little or no HD content - because they are forward looking.

If you are looking to watch WFN content, then you should be glad they did this, because in the future, you will see it in HD.

So, the people complaining are the ones who don't want to watch WFN anyway.

Dish Network does not have a lack of HD slots - there are half a dozen "TEMP" channels uplinked, and 15 Voom channels are still uplinked. So, they have room for 20 new HD channels.

What Dish Network is missing is signed HD channel carriage agreements, not HD channel slots.

Imagine you are launching a new channel in 1965. Do you buy a color transmitter or a black-and-white transmitter ? You may have little or no color content - but if you are forward-looking, you buy a color transmitter. And in a few years, you will have found it to have been a good investment.

WFN is launching their new channel in an "HD channel slot" - even though they have little or no HD content - because they are forward looking.

If you are looking to watch WFN content, then you should be glad they did this, because in the future, you will see it in HD.

Dish Network does not have a lack of HD slots - there are half a dozen "TEMP" channels uplinked, and 15 Voom channels are still uplinked. So, they have room for 20 new HD channels.

What Dish Network is missing is signed HD channel carriage agreements, not HD channel slots.
That is a good explanation. However, HD isn't a "new" concept. Disney, for example, owns half the world of entertainment, it seems and as long as HD has been around (a couple of years, at least), what's the hold-up? It can't be money (God knows their are enough commercials on these channels to fund a 3rd World War) or technology. Keep in mind- I'm NOT disagreeing with you. I'm just wondering what the hold up is for 95% of these channels with little or NO HD programming. It's like, O.K.- Invest that money in HD, already. Does anyone else agree?

Or, it could be a bad investment if all the investors (that is we consumers) bail on the investments. My "free" HD ends next month. I will not pay extra for the hope that someday these channels may have HD content, maybe.

As very wise friend of mine said, "Wish in one hand, spit in the other. Which one fills up fastest?"

WFN has not answered the HD??? email.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)