Why isn't Dish on FX's provider list for streaming

Tony S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Hills of Eastern CT
I just went to FX's website to see if I could watch Justified season 6. In order to stream episodes you have to be a subscriber to the FX channel and sign in to their provider list. FX's provider list is a mile long, but Dish is NOT on the list! Why am I not considered a subscriber if I watch on Dish vs almost any other provider?

Streaming rights aren't always included in the contract terms... Maybe FX wanted more than Dish was willing to pay, maybe Dish insisted it be included as part of the deal... No one here knows.

I don't believe DirecTV subs get it either.

i think Dish's contract to carry FX might end this fall if there long-term deal is for 5 year, as it will be 5 years since the Fox/Dish dispute of 2010. I don't know if this October will be when the contract is and don't know how much time is left in the current contract Dish has with Fox.

So when the contract expires, I'm sure the streaming rights for FX will come in to play as well as getting the Fox owned networks on SlingTV and settling the Fox bad blood from the AutoHop legal fallout.

Fox - C3 autohop, Streaming
FX - Streaming
FXX - AT120, Streaming
FS1 - Streaming, AT120?
FS2 - Streaming, AT LEAST AT200, HD in multisport
NGC - Streaming, AT120
NGW - Streaming, AT200
FXM - Streaming, AT200

Did I miss anything?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are talking about streaming directly from the FX website. For example, using Dish on demand, you can only get the last 5 episodes of Justified, however, on the FX website you can stream the whole season (13 episodes). The FX website will allow streaming if you can sign in with a provider's login. Dish customer's can sign in as subscribers on the FX website.

We are talking about streaming directly from the FX website. For example, using Dish on demand, you can only get the last 5 episodes of Justified, however, on the FX website you can stream the whole season (13 episodes). The FX website will allow streaming if you can sign in with a provider's login. Dish customer's can sign in as subscribers on the FX website.

Also on FX Now ( via the Roku or Apple TV ) you can get the full season for 3 months after the last episode of the season airs.

Also every movie that airs on FXM are in HD plus every Simpsons ever.

It is one of my favorite apps I use on the Roku.

And we started talking contracts which led to my post about the Fox and my predictions on what we get when they are renewed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is too late to edit my previous post, but I meant to say: "Dish customer's can't sign in as subscribers on the FX website".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)