Addicted to new HW
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
Scott (or any Mods),
With the XenForo software more than happy to throw up questionable thread suggestions at the bottom of the page, people are responding to threads that are years, or (in the case of my current diversion) decades old.

I thought the idea of an Archive was to be a historical reference source. Once you allow it to be written to by anybody, it’s just another thread and should be part of the current Forums.

On the other hand, Voom was a great addition to my Dish channel lineup, so I should be more tolerant of an eighteen year-old.

Reactions: TheKrell
My guess is that the read-only tag got flipped off on the archives during a prior upgrade.

I've dealt with software before when flags get rest during upgrades, so could easily be that.

My guess is that the read-only tag got flipped off on the archives during a prior upgrade.
I doubt that is happening here. It would be a major error on the part of the conversion program to be altering flags that haven't changed their function.

I suspect it has something to do with Tapatalk as most instances of zombie revivals seem to come through it.

More fun to make snappy comments about Kelsey Grammer's new show now that Cheers has been cancelled. I beleive they are simply going to call it Fraiser. I guess time will tell.

Reactions: Foxbat
Just made a test post in the Pit Archive. I deleted the post after making it. All the threads show as unlocked to me, except for a few that were intentionally locked by a moderator at the time.

So the Pit Archive still isn't read only

*note* this was done using Chrome on a Windows 10 PC

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
It’s still Write-enabled; another new Archive post:

It’s still Write-enabled; another new Archive post:
Just post in archive compatible format. Example:

Wow! I can't believe the steelers made it to superbowl XL!!! I know they don't have much chance entering the game as the 6th seed against the mighty seahawks who are seeded #1 but I hope they just don't get embarrassed by seattle. I am so excited! Man february 5 2006 can't get here soon enough!!! Here we go steelers here we go!!

:everybodydance:everybodydance:everybodydance:everybodydance:everybodydance:everybodydance:everybodydance

• Haha
Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts