why isn't the Solomend-Sadoun-Sathawk HD-PVR800 the same as the Openbox S9?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
It used to be that every Openbox S9 firmware, including the clone-killing ones, ran identically on my box as on an actual Openbox. But lately, since firmware that's supposed to support the S9 and S10 simultaneously have come out, they haven't worked very well at all for me whereas Openbox owners have reported only minor glitches.

I just tried the latest versions from Openbox S9 HD PVR,Skybox S9 HD PVR,Dreambox 500s,WIFI Bridge,HDMI Cable,LNB|SHENZHEN WANYING ELETRONICS LIMITED, and the American version brings up S10-style menus but all the menus are greyed out except the Upgrade By USB menu, so I can't test anything else. With the European version, I get S9-style menus, but it has a well-known problem whereby the antenna setup and satellite scanning menus don't work unless you de-select, save, and re-select the satellites in your list. But after that, which is all that I've seen Openbox users say they need to do to get it working, things still don't work for me. It seems to only scan vertical transponders, plus whatever local oscillator frequency it uses doesn't match what I've set in the menu so the frequencies are all wrong plus I can't even view saved channels.

The only reason I'm interested in the new firmware (other than a rumor, not supported by the release notes, that the clock works -- maybe that's only on the s10?) is the ability to save and load channel lists via ethernet. Doing it via USB is tiresome because the USB port is on the back, and if I use an extension cable there's enough of a voltage drop that my non-powered hard drive doesn't work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

WireLess!!

problems with my openbox s10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts