Why Linda Ronstadt Can't Sing Anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Legendary singer Linda Ronstadt, 67, told AARP today that she “can’t sing a note” because she suffers from Parkinson’s disease. Diagnosed eight months ago, Ronstadt began to show symptoms as long as eight years ago. But she ascribed her inability to sing to a tick bite (“my health has never recovered since then”), and believed the shaking in her hands resulted from shoulder surgery.

Source & More: aarp.org

Thanks to tvweek

Sorry to hear that. I loved her stuff way back when. I didn't realize she was still performing until fairly recently. I think her last album came out in 2006.

Not exactly a poster girl for how to address medical problems: tick bite...explains inability to sing, shoulder surgery...explains shaking in hands, what's next?...A bowl of Captain Crunch...explains the blood in urine. Sorry, but it irks me when seemingly intelligent people do such boneheaded things.

Not exactly a poster girl for how to address medical problems: tick bite...explains inability to sing, shoulder surgery...explains shaking in hands, what's next?...A bowl of Captain Crunch...explains the blood in urine. Sorry, but it irks me when seemingly intelligent people do such boneheaded things.

The outcome would have been exactly the same..... A lot of people with catastrophic disease experience denial. It's a normal process with many things...

That sucks. I hate seeing good singers or actors not able to do it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts