why LNB drift worse on one receiver than others?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bunkerbob

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
I have an 811 receiver that I seldom use. Turned it on yesterday for the first time in a few months, and while dealing with some other issues that have since been resolved, I looked at the sysinfo screen for the first time in maybe 3 years, and it reports LNB Drift for satellite 129 of (e-20). It also shows about 170 signal losses in the last 24 hours.

Sounds like time to call DISH for a failing LNB.

But then I checked the same thing on two other receivers in the house, both vip622's, and while they both also flag the LNB drift, they both show (e-7). Some other posts on this board suggest that DISH doesn't replace the LNB until it reaches e-8.

So before I waste my time on a call with Dish, does it make sense that I am getting different values reported from different receivers? Or does that suggest some other issue, maybe with the 811 itself?

fyi... not sure if this is relevant, but I have a two-dish system that receives sat 119, 110, 129 and 148 on devices DPP44,Twin, Twin, Dual, Single (so the 129 is on the "Dual" if I understand how that works).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)