why LNB drift worse on one receiver than others?

bunkerbob

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
I have an 811 receiver that I seldom use. Turned it on yesterday for the first time in a few months, and while dealing with some other issues that have since been resolved, I looked at the sysinfo screen for the first time in maybe 3 years, and it reports LNB Drift for satellite 129 of (e-20). It also shows about 170 signal losses in the last 24 hours.

Sounds like time to call DISH for a failing LNB.

But then I checked the same thing on two other receivers in the house, both vip622's, and while they both also flag the LNB drift, they both show (e-7). Some other posts on this board suggest that DISH doesn't replace the LNB until it reaches e-8.

So before I waste my time on a call with Dish, does it make sense that I am getting different values reported from different receivers? Or does that suggest some other issue, maybe with the 811 itself?

fyi... not sure if this is relevant, but I have a two-dish system that receives sat 119, 110, 129 and 148 on devices DPP44,Twin, Twin, Dual, Single (so the 129 is on the "Dual" if I understand how that works).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)